Samsung recently started their One UI Watch beta registration program for the Galaxy Watch 4 Series. The registration for the beta program was available for users in South Korea and the USA. Well, the beta update for the Galaxy Watch 4 series has finally landed for a select number of users for now. Let stake a look at what the One UI Watch beta has in store for its users.
The One UI Watch beta 4.5 is based on Google’s WearOS 3.5 and brings in a ton of new features that will be completely new for the Galaxy Watch 4 series. The beta update for One UI Watch 4.5 weighs around 796 MB. The version number of the software is R870XXU1ZVE7 or R870OXM1ZVE7. Do note that the update is available only for those who have registered for the beta program.
Now, let’s talk about what’s new in this update, For starters, Galaxy Watch 4 users will now be getting a brand new watch screen, support for dual sims as well as a number of new watch faces. If you’re someone that uses a dual sim mobile device, your Galaxy Watch will now let you choose the sim before placing a call – a feature that wasn’t available before One UI Watch 4.5.
Here is everything that the new One UI Watch 4.5 brings to users of the Galaxy Watch 4 and Galaxy Watch 4 Classic.
- Watch Screen
- New duo edge/box complication are added.
- The watch screen has been upgraded.
- Call, Contact
- Dual SIM function & Ul are added.
- Agif msg play is supported at message.
- New unified composer: Launch with integrated keyboard, stt, and scramble functions, and draft function support
- Subtext field support: Display additional information such as gmail noti account name.
- Single unicode emoticon zoom: Supports noti body enlargement function consisting of one emoticon
- Support Qwerty Layout, Continuous Input
- Support seamless input of Keyboard/ Handwriting/Voice Input.
- Add date, alarm name, notification, etc. to alarm setting.
Install One UI Watch 4.5 Beta
Well, there are a few conditions that you need to meet before you can get the One UI Watch Beta update. For starters, the beta update is available only to users who have a Galaxy Smartphone and a Galaxy Watch 4 or Watch 4 Classic. If you meet these requirements, you can follow these steps to get the beta update for your Galaxy Watch Series 4.
- Launch the Samsung members app on your Galaxy smartphone.
- You will see the banner that talks about the One UI Watch beta program. Tap on it.
- You will now be registered for the beta program.
- All you have to do is wait for your application to be accepted and soon you should be getting the One UI Watch beta update.
- In the meantime, it is advisable to install the latest beta version of the Galaxy Wearables app.
Before you go ahead to install the update, you need to note that the firmware could have some bugs and functionality issues. Also, you will not be able to roll back to the latest stable version of Watch UI even if you wish to. So, think about it and then proceed with updating your Galaxy Watch Series 4.