Last week, Samsung announced the One UI 5.1.1 for older Galaxy devices. The company has already released the new software for the Galaxy Tab S8 series, Galaxy Z Fold 4, and Galaxy Z Flip 4. And now is the time for the Galaxy Tab S7 lineup, further enhancing the user experience on the tablet.
Samsung pushes the new software to the Tab S7 series with a firmware version ending with the DWH3 build number. The upgrade is currently rolling out in the European region, it will be available to everyone across different regions. As it is a big upgrade and weighs 1.7GB in size, so make sure you have enough data and storage.
The update lands on the Galaxy Tab S7 with July 2023 monthly security patch, alongside the new features of the One UI 5.1.1 skin. In terms of details, then the list of features include improved flex mode panel in which users can easily choose the control they want to see or hide, multi window to open second open in the flex mode without interfering with the first app, and some other new features.
Here’s the complete list of changes coming with the new update:
Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 One UI 5.1.1 – Changelog
- Better app previews on the Recents screen: The Recents screen now shows apps as they will appear after you open them. You can easily see if an app is opened in split screen, full screen, or as a pop-up.
- Easily switch from pop-up view to split screen: Press and hold the handle at the top of the pop-up window, then drag the app to the side of the screen where you want it to be shown.
- Restore pop-ups snapped to the edge of the screen: Drag an app in pop-up view to the edge of the screen to snap it to the edge and keep it out of the way. When you need it again, tap anywhere on the pop-up to bring it back to its previous location.
- Check minimized apps with the S Pen: Hover your S Pen above a floating app icon to see a preview of how the app will appear when you open it.
- More recent apps: You can now choose how many recently used apps to show on the taskbar (up to 4).
- Quick Share
- Share files privately: Protect private content when you share it. You can set expiration dates for the files you send, cancel sharing at any time, and prevent recipients from saving or resharing.
- Camera and Gallery
- More date and time styles for watermarks: Customize the date and time separately with more style options to get the perfect look for your watermark.
- Enhanced remaster previews: Thumbnail images are now shown below the image you’re remastering. Tap a thumbnail to compare the remastered image to the original with a larger view.
- Apply effects more easily: Filter and tone effects in Gallery now use a dial instead of a slider making it easier to make precise adjustments with just one hand.
- Copy and paste effects: You can now copy and paste filters and tones from one picture you’ve edited to another.
- Additional Changes
- Drag and drop with two hands: Start dragging files, app icons, or other items with one hand, then use your other hand to navigate to the folder or location where you want to drop them. Supported in My Files and the Home screen.
- Keep storage space available: When you’re running low on space in your internal storage, app cache information will be shown when you analyze storage in My Files. Clearing app caches can help you free up space without deleting files or apps.
- Enhanced memory management in Device care: More information is provided about apps using memory on your tablet, giving you the option to put apps to sleep if too much memory is being used.
- Change your mode from the Lock screen: Change between Sleep mode, Driving mode, and other modes directly from the Lock screen.
- Customize your layout in Samsung Internet: You can now make the taskbar appear at the bottom of the screen. When you do this, the tab bar and bookmark bar will also be shown at the bottom.
If you are a Galaxy Tab S7 owner in Europe, you will receive the One UI 5.1.1 in OTA format. You can check for the update by going to Settings > Software Update > Download and Install. The new update will show here that you can install after taking the backup.
- One UI 6 Release Date, Supported Devices, Features and More
- How to Join One UI 6 Beta on Samsung Galaxy
- Samsung Galaxy S23 receives first One UI 6 Beta hotfix in Korea
- Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra leak sets the mood for big upgrades