Samsung has finally kicked off its newest One UI 2.1 custom skin update for Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus. This is the last major update available for the Galaxy S9 lineup. This build brings a flurry of new features to both phones. And fortunately, you can sideload it on your device, before hitting the official airborne update. Here’s the step by step guide by which you can download and install Samsung Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus One UI 2.1 Update.
The update is seeding on both Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus in the regions of Korea and Germany. And It bags the G96xNKSU3ETF4 software version in Korea and G96xFXXU9ETF5 in Germany. The update will be available for other regions in the coming days. Though this build is still based on Android 10, thanks to Samsung’s newest skin – One UI 2.1, which bring some changes to your device. If you’re in a haste and want to update your Galaxy S9 (Plus) to One UI 2.1, then you can download firmware from the download section and sideload it manually on your device.
In terms of features, then One UI 2.1 Update for Samsung Galaxy S9 & S9 Plus bumps up with Quick Share, Music Share features which lets you share files between devices, Yes, it’s similar to the Apple’s AirDrop function. The update also brings some changes to the built-in camera app. The camera app gets single take mode, Pro video recording mode, and AR Zone (that has AR Emoji and AR doodle collection). This build comes with the June 2020 security patch. As for now, the changelog is not available. Now, let’s jump to the download section.
Download Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus One UI 2.1 Update
Like every other One UI update, It is expected to make its way to more regions in the coming days. But if you’re in a hurry then you can grab the firmware file from Samsung’s server and sideload it manually on your device. You can check the step by the step installation process just after this section. You can download the firmware from Samsung’s official server using tools like SamFirm or Frija. And It is also available on third-party websites like SamMobile. Here’s the download link.
- Download Android 10 Update for Samsung Galaxy S9 [Stable] (G960FXXU9ETF5)
- Download Android 10 Update for Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus [Stable] (G965FXXU9ETF5)
- Make sure to charge your phone to at least 30%.
- Download Android 10 Firmware for Galaxy S9 (Specific region or global region recommended) using SamFirm or Frija Tool.
- Download Odin tool on your computer.
- Install ADB & Fastboot driver on your pc.
- Take a full backup of your data, in case of failures you may lose your data.
- We request you to follow the steps carefully so that you can successfully update your phone without any harm.
How to Update Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus to One UI 2.1
- Open the Odin Flash Tool on your file.
- Extract the download firmware folder and there you will find 5 files AP, BL, CP, CSC, HOME_CSC.
- Turn off your phone. Then long press Volume Up + Volume Down together and when holding both buttons, connect the phone to pc via USB cable.
- Release both buttons when you see the Warning screen. Then press Volume Up button once to boot into Download Mode.
- When the device is in Download Mode the Odin tool will detect the device and show blue color near ID: COM.
- Now click on the AP button and load AP file from the extracted folder. Also load BL, CP and CSC file. And in the User Data tab load the Home_CSC file. If you are using Firmware from a different region then don’t select the file in User Data. It will delete all data and install the latest version.
- After loading all required files click on the Start button and it will start flashing the Firmware.
- After flashing, the tool will show the ‘Pass’ message and the phone will auto reboot.
After reboot, you get to use the latest Android 10 features and OneUI 2.0 features. You can follow the same process to install any other update if you want to install it before it reaches on your phone.
You May Also Like – Download Google Camera for Samsung Galaxy S9 (for Exynos)
If you’ve any queries then, you can leave it in the comment box. Also, share this article with your friends on social media.
More Related Articles: