Samsung continues the One UI 5.1 update and released the update for its budget Galaxy M33 5G phone. Yes, the One UI 5.1 update is now rolling out for the Galaxy M33 5G. The update is already available on several Samsung phones and the rest of the phones are expected to get the update soon. Here is everything that comes with the new update.
Samsung released the Android 13 update to the Galaxy M33 last year and it came with the One UI 5.0 update. No doubt the One UI 5.0 was a big update but there was something missing. And that something seems to have been included in the latest One UI 5.1 update. Luckily the One UI 5 update is the first major update and hence the device will be receiving a few more major updates as well.
Currently, the One UI 5.1 update for Galaxy M33 is rolling out in South Korea. And soon it will roll out to more regions. Samsung Galaxy M33 5G One UI 5.1 update is available with build number M336KKSU4CWB3. And as this is one of the big updates, it will weigh more than other incremental updates.
Along with a bunch of changes and new features, the update also brings February 2023 Android security patch. Some of its new features include improved gallery search, new battery widgets with third party accessories support, improved multitasking, and more. You can check the complete changelog below.
Galaxy M33 One UI 5.1 Update Changelog
Camera and Gallery
- More Powerful Search: Search by entering multiple names of people or things in the Gallery, and search for photos of that person by tapping their face without tagging them.
- Improved image remastering: Remove glare and shadows with remastering, and increase GIF resolution and sharpness. The preview function has also been improved to easily compare original and remastered photos.
- Create an easy family sharing album: Share photos with your family with ease. Faces of selected family members are recognized in the gallery and recommended to be added to the Family Sharing album. 5 GB of storage space is provided for each member of the family, and can include up to 6 people.
- Easily check photo or video information in a cleaner layout: When viewing photos or videos in the gallery, swipe up to view camera information, file information, shooting location, and various related photos in a cleaner layout.
- Simplified full-screen switching and minimizing: You can easily minimize or full-screen the window of the app you’re using without having to open the option menu separately. Drag the corner of the window you want to change.
- Easily open your most-used apps in split screen: When you open split-screen, your most-used apps appear under your most recently used apps, allowing you to launch your most-used apps more quickly.
- Change the wallpaper according to the mode and routine mode Set a wallpaper suitable for your activity and change the wallpaper according to the mode. You can set various wallpapers such as work wallpapers and exercise wallpapers.
- Added Routine Actions: New actions have been added to control Quick Share, touch sensitivity, or change ringtones and fonts.
- Quickly check useful weather information: Quickly check detailed weather information, such as severe weather information, today’s weather summary, and sunrise and sunset times, right at the top of the Weather app. Changes in temperature over time are also easier to see in color.
- On rainy days, precipitation information at a glance: The change in precipitation over time is provided as a graph.
- Cleaner widget design: You can check whether the weather is sunny, cloudy, snowy or raining in the weather widget as an illustration, along with brief information about the current weather.
- Continue viewing webpages on other devices: Continue using the web page you opened on another Galaxy device. If you are viewing a webpage in the Internet app on your Galaxy phone or tablet, and open the Internet app on another Galaxy device signed in to the same Samsung account, a button to open the last webpage you were viewing on the old device is displayed.
- Improved search functionality: You can also search by bookmark folder or tab group name, and the search method has been improved so that you can find the desired result even if the search term is misspelled.
- Check the battery level of multiple devices at once: The new battery widget makes it easy to check the battery level of multiple Galaxy devices from the home screen. Check at a glance how much battery life is left for various devices supported by your phone, such as Galaxy Buds and Galaxy Watch.
- Easily suggest settings that are right for you: When you sign in to your Samsung account, settings or features that are useful to you are displayed at the top of the Settings screen, allowing you to easily connect your Galaxy devices and share content with each other. Easily connect various Galaxy devices to broaden your mobile experience.
- Directly selecting the storage location for screenshots and screen recording files: You can select the folder where screenshots and screen recording files are saved.
Note: The changelog is translated from Korean to English.
If you have Galaxy M33 5G phone, you can expect the OTA update on your phone. Yes, the availability could vary by region. Make sure to manually check for the update to avoid missing the update on time. Go to Settings > Software Update > Download and Install.
Before updating your phone make sure to take a backup of your phone and charge it to at least 50%.
- Download Samsung Galaxy A34 and Galaxy A54 Wallpapers before launch!
- How to Fix Apps Won’t Install on Samsung Smart TV
- How to Access Expert RAW on Samsung Phones [One UI 5.1 and One UI 5.0]
- How to Stack Widgets on Samsung Galaxy Phones