Samsung Galaxy M31s is the latest Galaxy M-series phone which get the One UI 3.1 update. Last month, Samsung kicked-off One UI 3.0 based Android 11 update to the Galaxy M31s to the European regions. Now the company starts sowing the One UI 3.1 to the Galaxy M31s in India. The update carries a number of new features, improvements, and improved security. Here you can check more details about the Samsung Galaxy M31s One UI 3.1 Update.
This article was originally published on 10th March 2021
The OTA had already hit a bunch of units in India, it bears M317FXXU2CUB1 software version number. Yup, it is weeding with the same firmware version number that we’ve seen in the One UI 3.0 (based on Android 11) update in Russia. Currently, the airborne update is in a rolling phase, it will be available to everyone in the coming days. The newer update also brings February 2021 monthly security patch and ponders a 1,932MB of download size.
as for now, the complete changelog is not available, but the update could bring a set of new features to the Galaxy M31s with the One UI 3.1 based Android 11 update. Talking about the features list, then the newer build comes with a list of new features, including Private Share, Nearby Share, Samsung Free, Eye Comfort Shield, Remove location data, Auto Switch feature, along with a few other features. You can also use the basic features of Android 11.
Samsung Galaxy M31s One UI 3.1 (Android 11) Update
If you’re using the Galaxy M31s in India, then you can now update your device to the One UI 3.1 based Android 11 update. In case you have missed the OTA notification, then you can check the software updates manually. You can head over to the Settings > Software Updates for manually checking the latest updates. It will show the available update so tap on download and install to get it on your phone.
If you’re in a haste, then you can update your device manually using Firmware. You can download Galaxy Fold Firmware from Frija tool, SamFirm tool, or SamMobile website. If you are using one of the tools then enter your model and country code and download the firmware. Once downloaded, you can flash the firmware using Odin Tool. I recommend you take a backup prior to diving into the process. That’s it.
One UI 3.1 Update for Galaxy M31s – Changelog
We’ve refreshed the look and feel of One UI Core 3.1 in lots of ways, big and small, from new, more consistent icons to smarter organization of the quick panel and notifications. Motion is smoother and more natural than ever, with improved animations and haptic feedback for common interactions. And the interface responds to different screen sizes to provide the best experience on any device, whether it’s a phone, foldable, or tablet.
We optimized One UI Core 3.1 with enhanced dynamic memory allocation, so apps run faster and perform better. We’ve also restricted background activities to provide better performance and power usage.
- New image categories have been added to Dynamic Lock screen, and you can select up to 5 categories at once.
- On the Lock screen, you can add a widget to check your usage time.
- Get an interactive preview when setting a wallpaper.
- Adjusting the Always On Display and Lock screen is easier.
- Add a call background to see a picture or video when you make or receive a call.
- In Samsung Internet, you can reorder and lock tabs.
- New icons and Lock screen widgets make it easier to find and control your routines.
- Use Digital Wellbeing with separate personal and work profiles.
Home screen and Lock screen
- Add widgets by touching and holding an app on the Home screen.
- Turn off the screen by double tapping on an empty space on the Home or Lock screen. (Set it up in Settings > Advanced features > Motions and gestures.)
- On the Lock screen, tap the clock area to see widgets like calendar, weather, and music.
Calls and chats
- See conversations separately in the notification panel. Works with Messages and your favorite chat apps.
- Easily remove duplicate contacts stored in the same account in Contacts. The storage period for deleted contacts has been extended from 15 days to 30 days.
- Added the ability to edit multiple linked contacts from a single screen.
- Added Trash in Messages so that recently deleted messages are stored for 30 days.
Pictures and videos
- Take pictures quicker with improved auto focus and auto exposure.
- View, edit, and share pictures and videos more easily from Gallery.
- Find pictures and videos quicker with new search features and categories in Gallery.
- Revert edited pictures to their original versions at any time, even after they’re saved, so you never lose a shot.
- Settings has a new simpler look and feel. Your Samsung account is shown at the top, and Home screen settings are now easier to access.
- Find the settings you need more easily with new Search features. You’ll get better results for synonyms and common misspellings, and you can tap on tags to see groups of related settings.
- Quick settings buttons have been reduced to provide only the most commonly used features. You can also add buttons to create your own customized quick panel.
- Increased the number of input languages to 370.
- Added emoji and sticker suggestions when you enter a text-based emoticon.
- Improved the keyboard layout to provide a larger space bar when entering web and email addresses.
- Reorganized Keyboard settings so it’s easier to access frequently used settings.
- In Internet, you can hide the status and navigation bars for a more immersive experience and quickly translate webpages.
- You’ll be prompted to block websites that send too many pop-ups or notifications.
- You can browse and select cloud drive files from the file selection screen in My Files.
- You can now delete cache files in My Files to easily free up storage space.
- Events with the same start time are displayed together in the month and list views in Calendar.
Easy media and device control
Media and device control is easier with the improved media panel in notifications. You can see recently used media apps and quickly change the playback device. You can also check Android Auto settings in the Advanced features menu in Settings.
Identify and improve your daily habits
Improved Digital Wellbeing features make it easy to check how you’re using your phone or tablet and help you form good digital habits. Check your usage while driving or see weekly changes in your screen time by function at a glance through upgraded weekly reports.
Accessibility for everyone
One UI Core 3.1 recommends useful accessibility features for you based on your usage. The improved Accessibility shortcut makes accessibility features easier to start and use. You can use the Speak keyboard input aloud feature to get voice feedback of your typing even when TalkBack is turned off.
Stronger privacy protection
You can now let an app access to your microphone, camera, or location just one time. Any permissions that an app hasn’t used in a while will be automatically revoked. You can no longer give apps permission to always see your location in the regular permission popup. To let apps access your location when they’re not in use, you need to go to the location permission page for the app in Settings.
- Some apps will need to be updated separately after the One UI 3.1 update.
- App copies made using Dual messenger can no longer access SD card files directly. To share SD card files in an app copy, select the files in Gallery or My Files, tap Share, then select the app copy.
- You can no longer connect to Chromecast using Smart View. You can use Google Home instead.
Changelog Source – Samsung
You May Also Like – Download Google Camera for Samsung Galaxy M31s
If you’ve any query, then leave it in the comment box below. Also, share this article with your friends.
More Related Articles:
- Download Samsung Galaxy M62 Wallpapers
- Samsung Galaxy A72 Specifications Preview
- Download Samsung Galaxy A52 Wallpapers
- How to Enable Google Feed on Samsung
- Best Galaxy Themes for Samsung Phones