Just a few days ago, the Galaxy A01 got Android 11 update. Now the rebranded Galaxy M01 receives the Android 11 update. Samsung already released One UI 3.1 based Android 11 update for number of mid-range and flagship phones. Now the company is working to push the new update on entry-level phones. The update on Galaxy M01 is seeding with a number of new useful features and improvements. Here you can check everything about the Samsung Galaxy M01 Android 11 Update.
This article was originally published on 28th April 2021
The Android 11 update goes official for the Galaxy M01 (SM-M015G) in India, while the update for Galaxy A01 (SM-A015F) is weeding in Russia. The newer build on Galaxy M01 arrives with M015GXXU3BUD9 build number.
The latest update on Galaxy M01 measures around 1.4GB of size for downloading, I suggest you to connect your smartphone with a stable Wi-Fi network for uninterrupted sideloading. It bags April 2021 monthly security patch.
A number of users have already received the update on their phones, below we attach a screenshot you can check before downloading.
Talking about the features then, the latest update comes with features such as Private Share, Nearby Share, Samsung Free, Eye Comfort Shield, Remove location data, Auto Switch feature, along with a few other features. You can also use the basic features of Android 11. As for now, the changelog of the latest build is not available to us, we’ll attach it to this article once it is available.
Samsung Galaxy M01 Android 11 Update
As for now, the update is in a rolling phase and will be available to everyone over-the-air in the coming days. Some users may have already received the (One UI 3.1) Android 11 update on their Galaxy M01, and some might be still waiting for it. If you’re in a hurry, then I suggest you to check the updates manually by heading over to Settings > Software Updates.
In case you’ve not received the update, then you can also manually sideload the firmware. You can download the Firmware from Frija tool, SamFirm tool, Samsung Firmware Downloader Tool, or SamMobile website. If you are using one of the tools then enter your model and country code and download the firmware. Once downloaded, you can flash the firmware using Odin Tool. I recommend you take a backup prior to diving into the process. That’s it.
Samsung Galaxy M01 One UI 3.1 Update – Changelog
We’ve refreshed the look and feel of One UI Core 3.1 in lots of ways, big and small, from new, more consistent icons to smarter organization of the quick panel and notifications. Motion is smoother and more natural than ever, with improved animations and haptic feedback for common interactions. And the interface responds to different screen sizes to provide the best experience on any device, whether it’s a phone, foldable, or tablet.
We optimized One UI Core 3.1 with enhanced dynamic memory allocation, so apps run faster and perform better. We’ve also restricted background activities to provide better performance and power usage.
- New image categories have been added to Dynamic Lock screen, and you can select up to 5 categories at once.
- On the Lock screen, you can add a widget to check your usage time.
- Get an interactive preview when setting a wallpaper.
- Add a call background to see a picture or video when you make or receive a call.
- In Samsung Internet, you can reorder and lock tabs.
- New icons and Lock screen widgets make it easier to find and control your routines.
- Use Digital Wellbeing with separate personal and work profiles.
Home screen and Lock screen
- Add widgets by touching and holding an app on the Home screen.
- Turn off the screen by double tapping on an empty space on the Home or Lock screen. (Set it up in Settings > Advanced features > Motions and gestures.)
- On the Lock screen, tap the clock area to see widgets like calendar, weather, and music.
Calls and chats
- See conversations separately in the notification panel. Works with Messages and your favorite chat apps.
- Easily remove duplicate contacts stored in the same account in Contacts. The storage period for deleted contacts has been extended from 15 days to 30 days.
- Added the ability to edit multiple linked contacts from a single screen.
- Added Trash in Messages so that recently deleted messages are stored for 30 days.
Pictures and videos
- Take pictures quicker with improved auto focus and auto exposure.
- View, edit, and share pictures and videos more easily from Gallery.
- Find pictures and videos quicker with new search features and categories in Gallery.
- Revert edited pictures to their original versions at any time, even after they’re saved, so you never lose a shot.
- Settings has a new simpler look and feel. Your Samsung account is shown at the top, and Home screen settings are now easier to access.
- Find the settings you need more easily with new Search features. You’ll get better results for synonyms and common misspellings, and you can tap on tags to see groups of related settings.
- Quick settings buttons have been reduced to provide only the most commonly used features. You can also add buttons to create your own customized quick panel.
- Increased the number of input languages to 370.
- Added emoji and sticker suggestions when you enter a text-based emoticon.
- Improved the keyboard layout to provide a larger space bar when entering web and email addresses.
- Reorganized Keyboard settings so it’s easier to access frequently used settings.
- In Internet, you can hide the status and navigation bars for a more immersive experience and quickly translate webpages.
- You’ll be prompted to block websites that send too many pop-ups or notifications.
- Events with the same start time are displayed together in the month and list views in Calendar.
Easy media and device control
Media and device control is easier with the improved media panel in notifications. You can see recently used media apps and quickly change the playback device. You can also check Android Auto settings in the Advanced features menu in Settings.
Identify and improve your daily habits
Improved Digital Wellbeing features make it easy to check how you’re using your phone or tablet and help you form good digital habits. Check your usage while driving or see weekly changes in your screen time by function at a glance through upgraded weekly reports.
Accessibility for everyone
One UI Core 3.1 recommends useful accessibility features for you based on your usage. The improved Accessibility shortcut makes accessibility features easier to start and use. You can use the Speak keyboard input aloud feature to get voice feedback of your typing even when TalkBack is turned off.
Stronger privacy protection
You can now let an app access to your microphone, camera, or location just one time. Any permissions that an app hasn’t used in a while will be automatically revoked. You can no longer give apps permission to always see your location in the regular permission popup. To let apps access your location when they’re not in use, you need to go to the location permission page for the app in Settings.
- Some apps will need to be updated separately after the One UI 3.1 update.
- App copies made using Dual messenger can no longer access SD card files directly. To share SD card files in an app copy, select the files in Gallery or My Files, tap Share, then select the app copy.
You May Also Like – Download iPad Pro 2021 Wallpapers
If you’ve any query, then leave it in the comment box below. Also, share this article with your friends.
More Related Articles: