Samsung has been doing a really good job with the One UI 5 and One UI 5.1 updates. The company has already released the new firmware for a number of A-series phones. Today, the South Korean tech titan starts rolling out the new firmware to the Galaxy A72. With the new update seeding with a nifty set of features and enhancements.
Samsung plants the latest One UI 5.1 on the Galaxy A72 with the A725FXXU5DWB6 software version. At the moment, the update is seeding in a number of European countries including Germany, the Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Spain, and Switzerland. It will be expanded to more regions in the coming days. The upgrade comes out with the February 2023 monthly security patch and new features.
Talking about the features and changes, then Galaxy A72 picks up the new software with new stock apps, a battery widget, a dynamic weather widget, allows editing EXIF information of images and videos, a better camera and gallery including quick access to selfie features, support for family sharing album in the gallery, quick access to Expert RAW, and many more.
- Camera and Gallery
- Quickly change the color tone for selfies: It’s easier to change the color tone of your selfies using the Effects button at the top of the screen.
- More powerful search: You can now search your Gallery for more than one person or subject at the same time. You can even search for people without tagging their names just by tapping their faces.
- Create a shared family album: It’s easier than ever to share pictures with your family. Gallery will recommend pictures to add to your shared family album by recognizing the faces of family members you select. You get 5 GB of storage for each family member (up to 6 people).
- Revamped info display: When you swipe up while viewing a picture or video in your Gallery, you can see when and where the picture was taken, which device took the picture, where the picture is stored, and more. Now with a simpler layout.
- Easily minimize or switch to full screen: You can now minimize or maximize an app window without going to the options menu. Just drag one of the corners.
- Access your most used apps in split screen: When you start a split-screen view, the apps you use most often will be shown below your recently used apps to help you find the apps you need faster.
- Improved multitasking in DeX: In split-screen view, you can now drag the divider in the center of the screen to resize both windows. You can also snap a window to one of the corners to make it fill a quarter of the screen.
- Modes and Routines
- Change wallpapers based on your mode: Set a different wallpaper based on your current activity. Choose one wallpaper for work, one for exercising, and more.
- More actions for routines: New actions let you control Quick Share and Touch sensitivity, change your ringtone, and change your font style.
- Quick access to useful information: Check severe weather alerts, daily weather summaries, and sunrise/sunset times at the top of the Weather app. The temperature graph now uses colors to show how the temperature changes throughout the day.
- Hourly precipitation graph: An hourly graph now shows how much precipitation has fallen at different times of the day.
- Summary on Weather widget: A brief summary of the current weather conditions now appears on the weather widget to let you know if it’s sunny, cloudy, raining, or snowing.
- Samsung Internet
- Continue browsing on another device: If you’re browsing the web on one Galaxy phone or tablet and later open the Internet app on another Galaxy device signed in to the same Samsung account, a button will appear that lets you open the last webpage you were viewing on the other device.
- Improved search: Your searches now include the names of bookmark folders and tab groups. Improved search logic lets you find what you’re looking for even if something isn’t spelled correctly.
- Additional Changes
- Check the battery level of your devices: The new Battery widget lets you check the battery level of your devices, right from the Home screen. You can see how much battery is left on your phone, Galaxy Buds, Galaxy Watch, and other supported devices.
- Settings suggestions: While signed in to your Samsung account, suggestions will appear at the top of the Settings screen to help you share, connect, and enhance your experience across your Galaxy devices.
- Spotify Suggestions: The Smart suggestions widget now recommends Spotify tracks and playlists based on your current activity. Get the perfect tunes for driving, exercising, and more. To get suggestions, you need to sign in to a Spotify account in the latest version of the Spotify app.
- Choose where to save screenshots and screen recordings: You can now change the folder where screenshots and screen recordings are saved.
The update is rolling in a staged manner, might take some time to reach everyone. If you own the Galaxy A72 and live in any of the above-listed European countries, then you may have already received the OTA notification. You can also check the updates manually by navigating to Settings > Software Upgrade > Download and Install. If the new update is available then you can select the Download and Install option, if not, then you can wait for a few days.
If you are in a hurry, then you can manually sideload the firmware on your phone, if you know the process. Whether you want to update your phone through OTA or want to sideload the firmware, check out this story for more information about updating Galaxy phones to the new update.
- How to Customize Lock Screen on Samsung Galaxy Phones (One UI 5)
- Download Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra Wallpapers
- How to Stack Widgets on Samsung Galaxy Phones
- Top intriguing features of Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
- One UI 5.1 changelog leaks ahead of the Galaxy S23 launch, indicates big changes
- Samsung showcases Galaxy S23 cases and add-ons in new video