The Android 12 based One UI 4.1 arrives on Galaxy A71 5G as well as on the Galaxy A Quantum which is a special variant of Galaxy A71 5G and is available in South Korea. Recently Samsung has released the stable Android 12 to many of its budget and mid range phones including the A71 in Hong Kong.
And finally the Samsung Galaxy A71 5G gets Android 12 update. The Korean model Galaxy A Quantum also gets the Android 12 update. Here you will know everything about the stable Android 12 for Galaxy A71 5G and Galaxy A Quantum.
As of now the Galaxy A71 5G Android 12 update is rolling out in UAE and soon it will be available in other regions. In case you don’t know, Samsung also extends the Android 12 for the 4G variant of Galaxy A71 in Europe.
The Android 12 based One UI 4.1 for Galaxy A71 5G comes with firmware build A716BXXU6DVC2, whereas the Android 12 for Galaxy A Quantum comes with build A716SKSU4DVC2. As both models are the same, we also get to see the same changes as well. This is the second major update for both devices.
Talking about new features, you get to see most of the Android 12 and One UI 4.1 features along with March 2022 Android Security Patch. Some of these features are color palette, GIFs & Emojis quick selection, new widgets, and many other changes. You can check out the full changelog below.
Galaxy A Quantum Android 12 Changelog (Translated)
Decorate your Galaxy with color palettes provided according to the selected wallpaper. You can pick your favorite color palette and apply it to your Galaxy’s menus, buttons, backgrounds and apps.
One UI 4.1 provides strong security features to prevent personal information leakage.
- Permission information at a glance: You can check which apps are using sensitive permissions such as location information, camera, and microphone at a glance from the permission usage status, and you can revoke permission immediately for any app that is slightly insecure.
- Camera and microphone availability are displayed on the status bar: When an app uses a camera or microphone, a green dot is displayed on the right side of the status bar, and you can temporarily block camera and microphone permissions for all apps in the Quick Settings window.
- Share location information only as needed: For apps that don’t need your exact location, you can use the service by sharing only your approximate location.
- Information copied to the clipboard is also safely protected: You can set to send a notification when other apps access the information copied to the clipboard. Keep important information safe, such as passwords and credit card numbers.
The Samsung keyboard has been improved to convey not only messages, but also your emotions and feelings in a richer and more fun way.
- Quickly select GIFs, emojis and stickers: You can conveniently input emojis, GIFs and stickers with just one button press.
- Combine 2 emojis and have more fun with animations: Choose and combine 2 emojis and add animation effects to have a more interesting conversation.
- More Various: Stickers Download a variety of animated stickers and create exciting conversations.
- Don’t worry about spelling: The ability to check spelling and grammar when writing English has been added (Courtesy of Grammarly).
Initiate various tasks from the home screen. You can easily select frequently used apps or features, and the design has been improved to make it easier to find the information you need.
- New widget design: The design of the widget has been changed to make it easier to see more information.
- Easy widget selection: Widgets provided for each app are displayed in a list to make it easier to find them. You can also scroll the screen to see the list of widgets, and to recommend widgets that are useful to you.
From checking the schedule, to recording your voice, to selecting an audio device, you can perform simple tasks right away with the lock screen widget without unlocking the screen.
- Freely connect any audio device you want: You can easily change audio output devices such as earbuds, headphones, and speakers on the lock screen.
- Sparkling Ideas is a voice recording feature, with a voice recording function provided on the lock screen, so you can record without missing a good idea or idea.
- Calendar and events at a glance: Today’s events and calendars are displayed together on the lock screen, making it easier to check them.
The layout of the camera screen has been simplified to make the shooting moment more enjoyable. The scene-by-scene optimization feature of Photo mode is retained, but the button is only visible at night or when scanning documents, and settings for Portrait and Night mode have been improved to be cleaner and more intuitive.
- Lens and Zoom: The lens button icons change to a magnification indicator to clearly indicate the current zoom magnification.
- Shoot without missing the moment you want: Unlike before, where you have to press the button and release your finger to start recording, video recording starts as soon as you press the button, so you can capture all of your precious moments. In photo mode, press and hold the button to start recording video, then drag it in the direction of the lock icon to continue recording even if you release your finger from the button.
- Pro/Pro video design improvements: The screen has been improved to make it easier to see the settings in Pro mode, and when you turn on vertical/horizontal guides, a level is displayed to prevent the screen from tilting to one side.
- Portrait Mode for Pets: Use the various effects of Portrait Mode to take better pictures of your cat or dog. Supported by both front and rear cameras, some effects can be applied after taking a photo.
It’s easier to find and organize many photos and videos in your gallery.
- Improved Story: A story highlight video is automatically generated and provided. Tap the highlight video on the story cover to play it. A map has also been added so you can see where the story was filmed.
- Albums made easier: A function has been added to sort albums by the number of photos and videos stored. Show the albums with the most photos and videos above. When you open an album, the album cover appears at the top, making it easy to see which album you’re viewing.
- Edit photo information easily: You can easily change or delete the date, time, and location of your photos. If you have multiple photos, select them at once for easy editing.
Make your photos and videos more fun and stylish with new emojis, stickers and enhanced enhancements.
- Fun Emojis and Stickers: Add points to your photos and videos with a variety of emojis and stickers.
- Video collage where you can select multiple images and videos to create a video collage. Preserve your precious memories with stunning video collages.
- If you are not satisfied with the edit, you can now return to the original image as well as the photo at any time, even after saving. You can save the file you are editing and the original separately by clicking Save As.
- Free Photo Paste: You can easily cut out parts of your photos, such as friends, pets, and buildings, and paste them into other photos.
Messages, videos, and more can use the emojis you create. Create an emoji that looks just like you, or try out a different look.
- Pop-up Emoji Profile: You can use AR Emoji as a profile for your contacts and Samsung accounts. More than 10 poses are provided, and you can shoot funny expressions yourself.
- Face as a sticker: You can make an emoji face as a sticker and put it in your photo instead of your face. Make your photos more fun and share them with your friends.
- Create a dancing emoji: You can create a fun video of AR emoji dancing. You can quickly find and select a template you want with hashtags such as #Hunjam, #Cutie, #Party, etc.
- Create your own costume: You can create your own AR Emoji costume by drawing it. Show off your unique fashion sense to your friends.
One UI 4.1 provides multiple ways to easily connect with others and share your feelings and thoughts. Press the share button anytime, anywhere.
- Personalize the list of shared apps: You can customize the list of apps displayed when you select the share button. Set up your list to show only the apps you use most without having to search for them.
- Easy to navigate and select Swipe left and right on the screen to quickly switch between the Apps list and Share with list, and more easily select what you want to share.
- Always share only the best photos: When sharing photos that are out of focus or out of frame, we’ve added an easy way to fix them.
You can easily organize your busy daily life with One UI 4.1’s calendar.
- Check your schedule on the home screen: You can check the calendar and today’s schedule together using the newly added widget.
- Quick Add Even: tYou can add events to your calendar by entering a title without switching the current screen.
- More search options: From recent searches to color and sticker filtering, we’ve added a number of search options that make it easy to find calendar events.
- Share makes it easy to create shared calendars and invite other Galaxy users. Share your calendar more easily.
- Improved method for selecting date and time: You can select the date and time separately and more conveniently when setting event information.
- Easily restore deleted schedules: Deleted schedules are stored in the recycle bin for 30 days for easy restoration.
The faster and safer Samsung Internet, you can find web pages faster and keep your personal information safe.
- The design has been improved so that real-time search results or suggested search terms are displayed together while you enter a search term in the address bar quickly with suggested search results, and the search results can be viewed more easily.
- Search directly from the home screen: A search widget is provided that allows you to search for what you are looking for right from the home screen.
- secret mode autorun: If you have previously used secret mode, Samsung Internet will automatically run in secret mode next time to protect your personal information.
You can see various information such as phone performance, security, and battery life at a glance, learn how to solve problems quickly, and check precise self-diagnosis results.
- Battery and security issues at a glance: The main screen displays battery and security issues so you can quickly identify and fix them.
- Easy to understand phone status: The overall status of your phone is displayed as an easy-to-understand emoji.
- Precise self-diagnosis: Device Care allows you to directly run Samsung Members’ self-diagnosis function. Running a self-diagnostic when your phone is having problems can quickly determine the cause of the problem and how to fix it.
Automate more tasks with one phone. You can automatically turn on Wi-Fi when you get home or silence your phone while working. Experience more with One UI 4.1.
- Adding different conditions: Routines can be started under more different conditions, such as during a call or when a specific notification arrives.
- Perform a wide range of actions: A number of new actions have been added, including the option to connect to a Bluetooth device.
- More fine-grained control: On the edit page, you can change the order by long-pressing the action, and we’ve also added an advanced option to wait a certain amount of time before starting the action, or to let the user confirm it.
- More tasks can be done with routines by removing the constraints of conditions and combinations of actions.
- Icons can also be customized to your liking: you can create custom icons to use in your routine with images from your camera or gallery.
One UI provides design for all of us. One UI 4.1 has been improved to make it easier for everyone to use their phone in their own way.
- Whenever you need it, select the floating button for quick access to accessibility features.
- Immediate action with the mouse pointer: Move the mouse pointer to a corner of the screen to perform a specific action directly.
- Simultaneously adjust contrast and size with screen mode: You can easily adjust screen contrast and size with screen modes such as high contrast, large screen.
- Easy Transparency and Blur Control: You can choose from a variety of screen options to suit your needs, such as reducing transparency or blur.
- More notification options: You can set the screen to flash when a notification arrives, and color the notification differently for each app, so you can quickly see which app the notification came from.
- Zooming in is easy: The Magnifier window has been integrated into the Zoom menu, allowing you to zoom in on screen content in more ways.
Additional Feature Improvements Better
- Always On Display: To ensure you never miss a notification, you can set the Always On Display to turn on whenever a notification comes in, and there are also new animated stickers to make your Always On Display even more fun.
- Eye-friendly Dark Mode: Automatically dims the wallpaper and icons to avoid dazzling when viewing the screen in the dark. The illustrations in the Samsung app are also provided in a darker mode to keep your eyes comfortable.
- When you start charging with the charging speed visual effect, different charging effects are visually provided according to the power, so you can see the difference in charging speed intuitively.
- Easy Brightness Adjustment: The brightness adjustment bar in the Quick Settings window has been enlarged to make it easier to adjust the screen brightness.
- Tips app provides a preview video: A preview video outlining the Galaxy features is displayed on the Tips app’s main screen.
- Safety and emergency information in one place: The Safety and Emergency menu has been added to Settings to help you manage your emergency contacts and safety information in one place.
- Settings search improvements: The search function has been improved so that you can find the settings you want right away when you need them, and you can also get recommendations for related functions according to your search terms.
- Focus on driving with the Driving Monitor feature: A driving monitor feature that helps you focus more on driving has been added to Digital Wellbeing, so you can see how much you’ve been using your phone and which apps you’ve been using while driving.
- Skip one alarm: If you don’t need to wake up as early as usual due to vacation or rescheduling, you can skip the alarm you set once. If you skip an alarm once, it will turn on again on the next set date.
- The background color of the dual clock widget is changed to match the day and night according to the time zone of the city in which the day and night are distinguished at a glance, so you can easily check whether the call is available to the other party.
- Making a call directly from text: If you have a story that is difficult to convey through text alone, tap the name of the person at the top of the screen. You can easily check the information of the other party and start an audio or video call right away.
- More Diversified Message Search Results: You can check various contents such as photos, videos, and web links directly on the search screen of the Messages app, and search results are provided filtered by type.
- Easier to find files in My Files: The search function has been improved so that you can find the file you are looking for even if you enter some of the search terms incorrectly, and the Recent Files area has been enlarged and various file-related information has been added to make it easier to find recently used and received files.
- Clean Edge Panel: The design has been changed so that the screen you are using is not blurred when you open the Edge panel and remains visible.
- Picture-in-picture resizing freely: You can easily enlarge or reduce the size of a video displayed in Picture-in-Picture (PIP) with your finger.
- Pin the window option of the pop-up window to the screen: You can control the pop-up window more conveniently by fixing the window option to the top of the pop-up window.
- Add apps or features: RAM Plus
- Game optimization service: CPU/GPU initial performance limit is lifted when the game is running. (The control operation according to the terminal temperature is maintained.) A “game performance management mode” is provided in the game booster.
The Galaxy A71 5G Android 12 update is currently available in UAE. And so if you are a Galaxy A71 5G user in the UAE or a Galaxy A Quantum user, you will receive the update. As usual, it is a batch roll out so it can take a few days to be available on all devices. If the update notification doesn’t work properly on your device then manually check for update from Settings > Software Update. Make sure to take a full backup of your phone and charge it to 50% at least.
You May Also Like – Download iPhone SE 2022 Wallpapers [FHD+ Resolution]
If you’ve any queries, then let us know in the comment box below. Also, share this article with your friends.