Samsung has finally started rolling out the anticipated One UI 3.1 based Android 11 update to the Galaxy A31. Although, the device is scheduled to get the update in May 2021. But the South Korean tech-giant surprises the Galaxy A31 users by releasing the update before its official timeline. The update comes with a bunch of new features, improvements, and bugs fixes. Here you can check everything about the Samsung Galaxy A31 Android 11 Update.
This article was originally published on 19th April 2021
The new firmware goes official with A315NKSU1CUD3 software version number. For the time being, the update is available for Galaxy A31 in its mainland South Korea. We can expect wider rollout very soon. The latest build weighs approx. 2GB of size for downloading, you can connect your smartphone to Wi-Fi network for faster downloading. Samsung seeds the new update to its mid-range A-series phone with April 2021 monthly security patch.
Talking about the features, then One UI 3.1 Update on Galaxy A31 comes with features like Private Share, Nearby Share, Samsung Free, Eye Comfort Shield, Remove location data, Auto Switch feature, along with a few other features. You can also use the basic features of Android 11. As for now, the changelog of the latest build is not available to us, we’ll attach it to this article once it is available.
Samsung Galaxy A31 Android 11 (One UI 3.1) Update
Samsung Galaxy A31 users can now upgrade their smartphone to One UI 3.1. As I said earlier, the OTA is rolling in South Korea, if you are using the device in South Korea, then you’ll receive the update over-the-air. You can head over to the Settings > Software Updates for manually checking the latest updates. It will show the available update so tap on download and install to get it on your phone.
While other users can wait for a few days or download the firmware manually for their smartphone.
If you’re in a haste, then you can update your device manually using Firmware. You can download Galaxy Fold Firmware from Frija tool, SamFirm tool, Samsung Firmware Downloader Tool, or SamMobile website. If you are using one of the tools then enter your model and country code and download the firmware. Once downloaded, you can flash the firmware using Odin Tool. I recommend you take a backup prior to diving into the process. That’s it.
Android 11 Update for Galaxy A31 – Changelog
We’ve refreshed the look and feel of One UI Core 3.1 in lots of ways, big and small, from new, more consistent icons to smarter organization of the quick panel and notifications. Motion is smoother and more natural than ever, with improved animations and haptic feedback for common interactions. And the interface responds to different screen sizes to provide the best experience on any device, whether it’s a phone, foldable, or tablet.
We optimized One UI Core 3.1 with enhanced dynamic memory allocation, so apps run faster and perform better. We’ve also restricted background activities to provide better performance and power usage.
- New image categories have been added to Dynamic Lock screen, and you can select up to 5 categories at once.
- On the Lock screen, you can add a widget to check your usage time.
- Get an interactive preview when setting a wallpaper.
- Add a call background to see a picture or video when you make or receive a call.
- In Samsung Internet, you can reorder and lock tabs.
- New icons and Lock screen widgets make it easier to find and control your routines.
- Use Digital Wellbeing with separate personal and work profiles.
Home screen and Lock screen
- Add widgets by touching and holding an app on the Home screen.
- Turn off the screen by double tapping on an empty space on the Home or Lock screen. (Set it up in Settings > Advanced features > Motions and gestures.)
- On the Lock screen, tap the clock area to see widgets like calendar, weather, and music.
Calls and chats
- See conversations separately in the notification panel. Works with Messages and your favorite chat apps.
- Easily remove duplicate contacts stored in the same account in Contacts. The storage period for deleted contacts has been extended from 15 days to 30 days.
- Added the ability to edit multiple linked contacts from a single screen.
- Added Trash in Messages so that recently deleted messages are stored for 30 days.
Pictures and videos
- Take pictures quicker with improved auto focus and auto exposure.
- View, edit, and share pictures and videos more easily from Gallery.
- Find pictures and videos quicker with new search features and categories in Gallery.
- Revert edited pictures to their original versions at any time, even after they’re saved, so you never lose a shot.
- Settings has a new simpler look and feel. Your Samsung account is shown at the top, and Home screen settings are now easier to access.
- Find the settings you need more easily with new Search features. You’ll get better results for synonyms and common misspellings, and you can tap on tags to see groups of related settings.
- Quick settings buttons have been reduced to provide only the most commonly used features. You can also add buttons to create your own customized quick panel.
- Increased the number of input languages to 370.
- Made it easier to paste copied images and verification codes from text messages.
- Added emoji and sticker suggestions when you enter a text-based emoticon.
- Improved the keyboard layout to provide a larger space bar when entering web and email addresses.
- Reorganized Keyboard settings so it’s easier to access frequently used settings.
- New routines will be recommended based on your daily life and usage patterns.
- In Internet, you can hide the status and navigation bars for a more immersive experience and quickly translate webpages.
- You’ll be prompted to block websites that send too many pop-ups or notifications.
- You can browse and select cloud drive files from the file selection screen in My Files.
- You can now delete cache files in My Files to easily free up storage space.
- Events with the same start time are displayed together in the month and list views in Calendar.
- Use your phone or tablet app icon layout in Samsung DeX so you know where everything is.
- Open the touch pad from the navigation bar on your phone or tablet.
Easy media and device control
Media and device control is easier with the improved media panel in notifications. You can see recently used media apps and quickly change the playback device. You can also check Android Auto settings in the Advanced features menu in Settings.
Identify and improve your daily habits
Improved Digital Wellbeing features make it easy to check how you’re using your phone or tablet and help you form good digital habits. Check your usage while driving or see weekly changes in your screen time by function at a glance through upgraded weekly reports.
Accessibility for everyone
One UI Core 3 recommends useful accessibility features for you based on your usage. The improved Accessibility shortcut makes accessibility features easier to start and use. You can use the Speak keyboard input aloud feature to get voice feedback of your typing even when TalkBack is turned off.
Stronger privacy protection
You can now let an app access to your microphone, camera, or location just one time. Any permissions that an app hasn’t used in a while will be automatically revoked. You can no longer give apps permission to always see your location in the regular permission popup. To let apps access your location when they’re not in use, you need to go to the location permission page for the app in Settings.
- In Clock, you can hear the time and preset name of the alarm read aloud when an alarm rings.
- Some apps will need to be updated separately after the One UI 3.1 update.
- App copies made using Dual messenger can no longer access SD card files directly. To share SD card files in an app copy, select the files in Gallery or My Files, tap Share, then select the app copy.
- You can no longer use Wi-Fi Direct to send files to other devices. You can use Nearby Share instead. You can still receive files using Wi-Fi Direct.
- You can no longer connect to Chromecast using Smart View. You can use Google Home instead.
Changelog Source – Samsung
You May Also Like – Download Samsung Galaxy F02s Wallpapers
If you’ve any query, then leave it in the comment box below. Also, share this article with your friends.
More Related Articles: