Galaxy A13 5G users in the US are now receiving a firmware update to Android 12 paired with One UI 4.1, the latest version of the Samsung One UI skin. A good number of Samsung devices have been receiving the Android 12 update, and the Galaxy A13 5G hasn’t been left behind.
The galaxy A13 5G was released in the US in 2021 and came with Android 11 out of the box. The update to Android 12 for the galaxy A13 5G will be its first major update. As it is with new software updates, you can expect a lot of changes as well as new features that improve your experience with the device. The update also brings the May security patch to your Galaxy A13 5G. The build number for this update is A136USQU2BVE9.
The Android 12 One UI 4.1 update is now rolling to the US Cellular and Cricket Wireless variants of the Galaxy A13 5G. Devices on other carriers will be receiving the update gradually. Now, let’s take a look at the Android 12 One UI 4.1 update changelog.
Samsung Galaxy A13 5G Android 12 update – Changelog
- Add portrait effects: You can now add background blur to any picture with a person in view.
- Portrait relighting: Adjust the lighting for portraits, even after you’ve taken them, to make sure you always get the perfect shot.
- Convert unnecessary motion photos to still images: Save storage space by converting motion photos to still images. Gallery will suggest pictures where motion isn’t necessary, such as documents.
- Share albums as links: No need to invite people to shared albums individually anymore. Just create a link that can be shared with anyone, even if they don’t have a Samsung account or Galaxy device.
- All your invitations together: Easily accept invitations to shared albums, even if you miss the notifications. Invitations that you haven’t responded to yet will appear at the top of your shared album list.
- Create timelapse videos: Turn a picture into a vivid 24-hour time-lapse video. A button will appear for pictures of scenery including the sky, bodies of water, mountains, or cities. Your video will appear as if an entire day has passed.
- AR Zone
- More decorations for your emoji stickers: Show your own unique style by adding GIFs from Tenor as decorations for your custom AR emoji stickers.
- Background colors in mask mode: Keep the focus on your AR emoji while wearing it as a mask. Choose from a variety of colors to use as your background.
- Google Duo
- Stay in touch with high-quality video calls. One UI brings you exclusive features.
- Do more during video calls: You can share another app’s screen during a video call in Google Duo. Watch YouTube together, share photos, explore maps, and more.
- Join Video calls in presentation mode: During a video call on your phone, you can join the same call on your tablet in presentation mode. Your tablet’s screen will be shared with other participants while audio and video continue on your phone.
- Samsung Health
- Get deeper insights into your health and enhanced exercise tracking in the latest version of Samsung Health.
- Get insights about your body composition: Set targets for your weight, body fat percentage, and skeletal muscle mass. You’ll get tips for reaching your goals.
- Build better sleep habits: Track your sleep and get coaching based on your sleep patterns.
- Enhanced exercise tracking: On your Galaxy Watch4, you can set interval training targets before you start running or cycling. You’ll get a report on your phone when you’re finished. Your watch can also give information about sweat loss when you run and heart rate recovery for aerobic workouts.
- Smart Switch
- Transfer contacts, photos, messages, and settings from an old phone or tablet to your new Galaxy. One UI 4.1 lets you transfer more than ever.
- More Transfer options: You’ll get 3 options when transferring content to your new Galaxy. You can choose to transfer everything, transfer just your accounts, contacts, calls, and messages, or go Custom to choose exactly what you want to transfer.
- SmartThings Find
- Find your phone, tablet, watch, earbuds, and more with SmartThings Find.
- Get notified when you leave something behind: Make lost belongings a thing of the past. You can choose to get alerts whenever your Galaxy SmartTag is too far away to connect to your phone.
- Find a lost device together: You can share the location of your devices with others. If a device gets lost, you can get help from another person to scan for it nearby.
- One UI 4.1 gives you even more ways to share with others.
- Share your Wi-Fi Network: Use Quick Share to share your current Wi-Fi network with someone else. The person you share with will be able to connect automatically without entering the password.
- Include editing history when you share pictures and videos: When you share pictures and videos with Quick Share, you can include the complete editing history so the receiver can see what’s changed or revert back to the original.
- More features and improvements
- Color pallete: Customize your phone with unique colors based on your wallpaper. Your custom color palette now appears in more apps, including apps provided by Google.
- Add emojis to your Calendar: In addition to stickers, you can now add emojis to a date on your calendar to express your feelings.
- Take quick notes while you browse: Keep track of your sources with new clipping options for Samsung Notes. You can include content from Samsung Internet or Gallery when you create a note using the quick panel or the Tasks edge panel.
- Choose apps for text correction in Samsung Keyboard: Choose which apps you want to get automatic text corrections in. Turn it on for writing apps to keep your spelling and grammar in check, and turn it off for texting apps where you want to be less formal.
- More widely available keyboard options: Keyboard layouts, input methods, and features for specific languages are now available in more regions, so you can type easily no matter where you are. You can always switch back to your previous layout in Settings.
- Customize your virtual Memory: Choose the size of your phone’s virtual memory with RAM Plus in Device care. Go with more to boost performance or less to save storage space.
- Game optimization service: CPU/GPU performance during early stages of gameplay will not be limited. (A performance management feature based on device temperature will be maintained.) The “Alternate game performance management mode” in Game Booster will be provided. 3rd party apps to bypass the Game Optimizing Service will be allowed.
- Some apps will need to be updated separately after the One UI 4.1 update.
Considering the update has just been released, it will take some time to show up on your Galaxy A13 5G. Note that this update is currently available only for the US variant of the Galaxy A13 5G for US Cellular and Cricket Wireless. If you have any questions or queries, feel free to leave them in the comments below.
- Download Samsung Galaxy A73 Wallpapers
- 10 Best Samsung Themes for your Galaxy Smartphone
- Download Samsung Galaxy A33 Wallpapers