Do you love rooting your phone and looking for a working method to root your Vivo Z1 Pro? Here you will find two different working methods to root Vivo Z1 Pro with Magisk.
Vivo Z1 Pro is an amazing budget smartphone which packed with great specifications which include punch-hole design. Vivo is not a brand which attracts developers so most of the Vivo phones does not have any custom ROM or custom Recovery support. But Vivo Z1 Pro is an exception and unofficial TWRP Recovery is already available for it. And soon you can expect Custom ROMs for Vivo Z1 Pro.
Magisk is used to root Android phones systemless and it is recommended by every developer. It is easy to root with Magisk if a custom recovery like TWRP is installed on your phone. However you can also root your phone if TWRP Recovery is not installed, we will write the method below. So this guide will help you to root Vivo Z1 Pro with or without TWRP Recovery. Let’s now dive into the step by step guide.
How to Root Vivo Z1 Pro
Rooting will give you the root access (access to system files and settings) of your phone. You can remove or uninstall junk apps (bloatware) that come preinstalled on your phone if you have the root access. First, we will share the method to root Vivo Z1 Pro with TWRP and then without TWRP Recovery. We are not responsible if you brick your device aur lose data, so take a full backup first.
Root Vivo Z1 Pro using TWRP & Magisk
- Bootloader must be unlocked (Follow this guide)
- Install TWRP on Vivo Z1 Pro (Follow this guide)
- Download Magisk Zip & APK
- Copy the Magisk Zip & APK on your Vivo Z1 Pro.
- Power off your device.
- Press & hold Volume Up + Power button together.
- When TWRP icon appears, release the buttons.
- In TWRP Recovery go to Install.
- Locate and select the Magisk Zip and flash the file to root your Vivo Z1 Pro.
- After flashing the Magisk Reboot into the system.
- Now install the Magisk APK to manage root access on your Vivo Z1 Pro.
Root Vivo Z1 Pro without TWRP Recovery
- Download Firmware for your phone (Same version that installed on your phone)
- Download Magisk APK
- Install ADB & Fastboot drivers on PC
- In PC extract the firmware and find the boot.img file.
- Copy the boot.img file on Phone storage.
- Install Magisk on your phone and open it.
- Click on Install > Install and then choose ‘Select and Patch a File’.
- Locate & select the boot.img file to patch.
- After patching the image file it will be stored in the Download folder.
- Copy the Magisk_patched image file to PC (C:\adb). And change its name to boot.img.
- Enable USB debugging and connect your phone to PC.
- Boot your phone into Fastboot mode by entering below commands (also accept the pop up on phone after the first command)
adb reboot bootloader
- The phone will now boot into Fastboot mode. Go to C:\adb location on your PC.
- Press Shift + Right-click on an empty area and select “Open PowerShell window here” or “Open Command window here”.
- In Command/PowerShell window enter the below command to Vivo Z1 Pro.
fastboot flash boot boot.img
- Now reboot your phone into the system. Now open Magisk Manager and it will show that Magisk is installed it means your Vivo Z1 Pro is rooted.
- If it asks to update Magisk then update and Enjoy.
These are the two methods to root Vivo Z1 Pro with Magisk. After rooting your phone you can use all the apps that ask for root access like Titanium Backup, Root explorer and more. If you know about Root then rooting will make your phone easier to use. You will have access to all the files and settings that come in the phone. It also lets users edit build.prop file. So these are some advantage that rooting will provide.
You May Also Like | How to Apply or Change Custom Fonts on Vivo Phones
If you are unable to root or any method is not working then let us know by writing a comment down below. We will provide the solution quickly. For more Vivo Z1 Pro guides keep visiting YTECHB and enjoy.