Are you looking for a custom Recovery and guide to root your phone? If yes then you are at right place. Here you will know how to Install TWRP on Galaxy M10 and how to root Samsung Galaxy M10.
There are many advantages of installing a custom recovery and rooting any phone. Like we can use any apps that are required root access, we can modify system settings, and we can also install custom ROMs & Custom Kernels for better performance. Galaxy M series is easier to root while the Galaxy A series is tough. So if you are into development and testing then it’s a good purchase. Below you will know the detailed guide to root Galaxy M10 with TWRP Recovery installation procedure.
How to Root Samsung Galaxy M10
There are only a few developers interested in M10 because of less popularity but it doesn’t mean there will be no development. An unofficial TWRP Recovery is already available means you can expect custom ROMs for the device. We already shared how to root Galaxy M20 and the procedure for both M10 & M20 will be very similar. First, complete all the prerequisites and download all the required files and then proceed to the steps.
- Make sure the bootloader is unlocked
- After Installing TWRP you cannot use Knox TZ features
- Take a full Nandroid Backup of your phone (The process will delete all your phone data)
- Odin Flash Tool
- Samsung USB Drivers
- TWRP for Galaxy M10
- Magisk Zip & APK
- no-verity-opt-encrypt zip
- RMM Bypass Zip
How to Install TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy M10
- Download all the required files on the PC. Install the required USB Drivers.
- Open Settings on your phone. Go to About Phone > Software information and tap 7 times on Build Number. It will show “You are now a developer”.
- Go back to settings and open Developer Options.
- In Developer options, enable OEM Unlock (If the bootloader is unlocked then make sure it is greyed out).
- Completely turn off your phone.
- Press & hold Volume Up + Volume Down together and connect the phone to PC with a USB cable. Release the buttons when you see a warning screen.
- Press Volume Up button to boot into download mode.
- Once you are in Download mode open Odin.exe.
- In the Odin tool, switch to the Options tab and uncheck “Auto Reboot”.
- Now click on AP and select the TWRP file (recovery.tar).
- Click on Start and wait for the Success message.
- After installing TWRP on Galaxy M10 press & hold Power + Vol Up button together to boot into TWRP Recovery.
- In TWRP Recovery, go to Wipe > Format Data. Type ‘Yes’ and tap enter.
- Transfer No-verity-opt-encrypt, Magisk zip & APK, and RMM Bypass to the Phone storage or use the OTG or SD card.
- In TWRP, go to Install and locate No-verity-opt-encrypt.zip file and flash it.
- Similarly, flash RMM Bypass zip file. Now you have successfully installed TWRP Recovery on Samsung M10.
Note: Don’t reboot the phone, if you want to root your phone. Follow the next method to root Samsung M10.
Steps to Root Galaxy M10 with Magisk
- Make sure that Magisk.zip file is in phone storage/SD card/OTG.
- In TWRP Recovery click on Install and locate Magisk zip file.
- Swipe the slider to flash Magisk and root Galaxy M10.
- Now go to Reboot > System.
- Set up your phone. Open Magisk Manager (if not installed then install it manually with the APK) and follow the instruction that Magisk instructs.
- Now your device is successfully rooted.
So this is the easiest way to Install TWRP on Galaxy M10 and Root Galaxy M10. Now you can use apps like titanium backup, flashify, and also various Magisk Modules. And with the help of TWRP Recovery, you can install various custom ROMs, Update files, and more. We have some common questions below.
How Can I Root My Samsung Galaxy M10 Without PC?
There is one method to root your Galaxy M10 without PC, but you need to install a custom recovery such as TWRP Recovery.
How To Root Galaxy M10 Without TWRP Recovery?
We can easily root Galaxy M10 without TWRP Recovery. You need Magisk Manager and Firmware for your phone. Then patch the AP file from Magisk Manager and then flash it using the Odin Flash Tool.
Which Is The Best Method To Root Galaxy M10?
Magisk is the best method in combination with TWRP Recovery. Magisk is used to root any Android phone systemless. This method is easy and also safe.
Can I Install a Custom ROM Without Rooting My Galaxy M10?
Yes, you can easily install Custom ROM on your Galaxy M10 without rooting the device. Here also you need only a custom Recovery to install any Custom ROM.
You May Also Like | Download Google Camera 6.1 for Samsung Galaxy Phones
If any error appears during the installation and root process then let us know in the comment section. We will reply with the solution.