Are you looking for a guide to Root Redmi 7 with Magisk? If Yes, then here is how to Root Xiaomi Redmi 7 and how to Install TWRP Recovery on Redmi 7.
Xiaomi phones are the best phones in terms of development because of the huge number of users and the company also allows modifications. Unlocking bootloader on most of the phones will void the warranty but it will not in the case of Xiaomi Phones. So you can unlock bootloader and then root your Redmi 7 to get full control over your phone.
Rooting will give you controls for almost everything, you can edit system files, remove bloatware and more. If you want to install custom ROMs, custom Recoveries, and custom Kernel then you need TWRP Recovery. So first we will install TWRP on Xiaomi Redmi 7 and then root Redmi 7.
How to Root Xiaomi Redmi 7
Till now Magisk is the best option to Root any Android phone. It is easy to install and also has a lot of options like Magisk hide, Magisk Modules, SafetyNet check and more. It is used to root any phone Systemless. And because of its advantage, we are going to use Magisk to Root Redmi 7. But to perform any modification you need to unlock bootloader of your phone which is simple and similar to other Xiaomi phones. Below are the required files you need to download to install TWRP on Redmi 7 and Root Xiaomi Redmi 7.
- Magisk & Magisk Manager
- TWRP Recovery for Redmi 7 (thanks to developer: wzsx150 and Team: LR.Team)
- ADB & Fastboot Drivers
- Take a full backup (just in case)
- Charge your phone to at least 50%
- Bootloader should be unlocked (check this guide)
- Install ADB & Fastboot drivers on your PC
- An original USB cable required
- Transfer Magisk zip file to the phone storage
How to Install TWRP Recovery on Redmi 7
Mostly the first TWRP recovery ported for any phone has some bugs but this one does not have any bugs. So this is a great start for the Redmi 7 development and we can expect many good custom ROMs as well for about more than a couple of years of development.
Steps to Install TWRP on Xiaomi Redmi 7
- Make sure that bootloader is unlocked before installing TWRP on Redmi 7.
- Power off your phone.
- Press & hold Vol Up + Power button together to boot into “fastboot mode”.
- Connect the phone to PC while in fastboot mode.
- Rename the downloaded TWRP image file to twrp.img (eg. from Redmi7.img to twrp.img). It is just for making the steps simple.
- Copy the twrp.img file and paste to the location C:\adb (the location will be there if you have installed ADB & Fastboot drivers).
- In the same location press Shift + Right click (on empty area) and select “Open Powershell window here” or “Open Command window here”.
- In command/powershell window enter the following command to check if the device is connected or not:
- It will show some ID if connected otherwise reinstall drivers
- Then enter the following command to install TWRP recovery on Redmi 7:
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
- Now type fastboot reboot on command window but do not press enter. First press & hold Volume Up button and then enter. Do not release the Volume button until you see TWRP.
- Click on Language and select English. If you prefer Chinese then no need for this step.
- Swipe the slider to allow Modification.
- Now TWRP recovery is successfully installed on your Redmi 7. But do not reboot the phone if you want to Root.
Root Xiaomi Redmi 7 with Magisk
Now that you have installed TWRP recovery on your phone, you are all set to root the phone. Follow the below process to Root your phone systemless with Magisk.
- Make sure that you are in TWRP Recovery. If not then turn off your device and then press & hold Power+Volume Up button together to boot into TWRP.
- In TWRP click on Install and locate the Magisk Zip file. If Magisk zip file is not in the Phone storage then transfer it to phone.
- After selecting the file Flash it. It will show the Done message.
- Select Reboot System to boot into the system.
- Magisk Manager will automatically installed on your phone when you flash Magisk Zip. And if not then manually install Magisk Manager. Then open Magisk Manager App.
- You will see green tick marks and it will display “Magisk is up to date”. It means your Redmi 7 is rooted.
- Now you can install Apps which require root access and take advantage of Root.
So this is the easiest method to Root Redmi 7 and Install TWRP Recovery on Redmi 7. Now you will be able to install Custom ROMs, Custom Kernels and other zip files. You can also use Titanium Backup to take full backup including Apps data. So if you found this guide helpful and looking for related guides in the future then keep visiting YTECHB.
You May Also Like: Download Google Camera 6.1 for Redmi Note 7 & 7 Pro
During the process, if your device stuck in boot loop or any other error occurs then write a comment down below with error. We will reply with the solution.