Here we will share the step by step guide on How to Root Nubia Red Magic 3. Also here you will find the guide to unlock bootloader on Red Magic 3.
ZTE Nubia Red Magic 3 is the latest gaming Smartphone with 90Hz AMOLED display in Red Magic series. The company is not popular as other big companies but we can not ignore its features which can leave many popular phones behind in the race. Red Magic 3 has really impressed many developers that they already started the development. It means you can easily unlock bootloader, install TWRP Recovery and root your phone.
This guide will help you to root your Red Magic 3 with Magisk but without using TWRP Recovery. It is possible with Magisk patched boot image which is very easy to flash. Just follow the guide and you will proceed from here with rooted Red Magic 3. But first, check out its impressive features.
ZTE Nubia Red Magic 3 – Specifications
Its a gaming Smartphone with 6.65-inch 90Hz AMOLED widescreen display. The phone has an Active liquid cooling system with turbo fan that we see in laptops (obviously smaller in size). Red Magic 3 is powered with the latest Snapdragon 855 which comes with integrated Adreno 640 GPU. It is coupled with 6GB/8GB/12GB RAM options and 64GB/128GB/256GB ROM options respectively.
On the camera division, it has a single 40-megapixel rear camera with Sony IMX586 sensor. And at the front, it has a 16-megapixel selfie camera. For the hassle free gaming and usage, the company has included a bigger battery 0f 5000mAh power. Additionally, the phone has stereo speakers, 2.5D Corning gorilla glass, built in shoulder triggers and more. Now let’s see how to root Red Magic 3 smartphone with Magisk.
How to Unlock Bootloader on Nubia Red Magic 3
So we will start with unlocking bootloader which is necessary if you want to root your phone. All the Android smartphones come with locked bootloader by default for security reasons. It means without unlocking it we cannot modify our smartphone and unlocking process differs by companies. Luckily Nubia allows their users to unlock bootloader without filling forms and waiting time. Follow the below procedure and unlock bootloader on Red Magic 3.
- We are not responsible for anything happen to your phone
- Unlocking bootloader will format the phone
- It may void the warranty of the phone (depends on company)
- After rooting you will not receive OTA updates on your phone
Steps to Unlock Bootloader on Red Magic 3
- Open Settings on your phone.
- Go to About phone and continuously tap 7 times on Build number to enable developer options.
- Now open Developer Options in settings and enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking.
- Install ADB & Fastboot drivers on your PC.
- Open Command/PowerShell window on PC.
- Enter the below commands one by one to boot the phone into Fastboot Mode
adb reboot bootloader
- Once the device is in fastboot mode, enter the below command
fastboot flashing unlock
- It will prompt unlock option in your phone, use the volume keys to navigate and power key to select.
- After selecting Unlock the phone will erase the data and unlock the bootloader. Reboot the phone.
How to Root Nubia Red Magic 3 with Magisk
Once you have unlocked the bootloader of the phone then you are ready to root it. In this guide we will use the Magisk to root Red Magic 3 systemless. Follow the below guide carefully otherwise you may brick your device.
- Take a full backup of the phone’s data (to recover it if anything goes wrong)
- Download Magisk Manager APK
- Download Platform Tools
- Download Stock ROM for your phone (it should be the same version on which phone’s running)
Steps to Root Red Magic 3
- Make sure bootloader is unlocked before proceeding further.
- Extract the downloaded Stock ROM zip file and copy the boot.img to phone storage.
- Install the latest Magisk Manager and open it.
- In Magisk Manager click on Install > Install.
- It will ask you to choose the method, so choose “Select and Patch a File”. Then locate the boot.img file and wait for patch process.
- The patched file will be saved in Download folder with the name Magisk_patched.img.
- Extract the Platform tools zip file on PC and open the platform tools folder.
- Copy the Magisk_patched.img to platform tools folder and rename it to boot.img.
- Long press Volume down + Power button to boot the phone into Fastboot mode.
- Connect the phone to PC while in Fastboot Mode.
- In Platform tools folder Right-click on an empty area and select ‘Open PowerShell window here’ or ‘Open Command window here’.
- In Command/PowerShell window enter the below commands one by one
fastboot oem nubia_unlock NUBIA_NX629J
fastboot flash boot boot.img
- Now your phone will boot into rooted system. It means you have successfully rooted Nubia Red Magic 3.
- Open Magisk Manager app and complete steps asked by App.
So this is how you can root the Red Magic 3 smartphone with Magisk. Rooting the device will give access to root files like build.prop for various tasks like enabling Camera2 API. You can also remove system Apps that you don’t use. Alternatively, we can say rooting gives full control to users over their phones.
So there you have it the complete guide on unlocking bootloader and rooting ZTE Nubia Red Magic 3. I hope you find this guide helpful, if yes then also share with other Red Magic 3 users. That’s all for this guide, Thanks.