Motorola One Fusion+ is the latest entry in the One Series offered by Motorola, and it comes under the budget segment. The phone packs with some great hardware that is capable of ultimate performance when comparing to its rivals. If you are a constant reader of YTECHB, then you know we provide root guides for all Android phones. And here, you will know how to root Motorola One Fusion+ along with a guide to unlock bootloader on Motorola One Fusion+.
Motorola owned by Lenovo is known for popular budget phones and their ongoing Motorola One series. From 2019 we have seen many budget smartphones making its way into the Motorola One Series. And similarly, the company has released One Fusion+ with a bigger battery, better camera, and promise for upcoming Android updates. The Motorola One Fusion+ features a big 6.5-inch full vision display with a Pop-up camera setup. It comes with Qualcomm Snapdragon 730G chipset, which integrated with Adreno 618 GPU.
You must be wondering that is there any scope for rooting an Android phone. Well, the answer is yes, especially in the case of Motorola phones, as it comes with very simple UI with no customization at all. And Rooting will fill the gaps here as it offers a high level of customization and even performance tweaks. Rooting brings options like support for custom fonts, custom boot animation, third party themes, and more. It also gives the option to add various Xposed Modules, which comes with many advanced features. Below you can get the Motorola One Fusion+ root guide and unlock bootloader guide.
How to Root Motorola One Fusion+
Motorola phones come with stock Android for clean and powerpack performance. And Motorola allows its users to root their phones for advanced features. You can root Motorola One Fusion+ with two different methods. These two methods include patched boot image and flashing Magisk using a custom recovery. But as you know that rooting requires unlocked bootloader, so first, we will share how to unlock bootloader on Motorola One Fusion+. And for rooting, we will use the patched boot image.
Motorola One Fusion+ Unlock Bootloader
All Android phones come with locked bootloader by default for security reasons. It restricts users from modifying system partitions, and so we are not allowed to root the phone unless the bootloader unlocked. And luckily, Motorola allows us to unlock bootloader on Motorola devices, so it’s possible to root One Fusion+. Below we will share the official guide to unlock bootloader on Motorola One Fusion+.
- First, take a full backup of your phone ad unlocking bootloader on Motorola One Fusion+ will delete all the data.
- Install ADB & Fastboot drivers on your PC. You can also install Motorola USB Driver if you want, but it is not necessary.
- Open Settings on your phone and go to About Phone. Tap about 7-8 times on Build Number, and it will show ‘You are now a developer.’
- After enabling the developer option, go back to Settings and then go to System > Developer Options. In Developer options, enable OEM Unlocking and also enable USB Debugging.
- Now turn off your device and then press & hold Volume Down + Power button together to boot Motorola One Fusion+ into Fastboot Mode.
- And when the Fastboot screen appears on the phone, release both buttons. Connect your phone to your PC after booting into Fastboot.
- Now open the Command window or CMD on your computer.
- Enter the below command in the Command/PowerShell window
fastboot oem get_unlock_data
- It will display 5 line code. Copy the code and make it in one line, use notepad for convenience. Remember not to copy (bootloader) in case of windows and Info in case of Mac.
- Go to Motorola unlock page and click next and login with the Motorola account.
- Copy the one-line code that you just adjusted in Notepad and paste it in the Motorola unlock page.
- Click on ‘Can my device be unlocked’ and then click ‘Request Unlock Key’ (make sure to select I Agree).
- Then you will receive a code via mail (Motorola account ID). Copy the code and paste in place of ‘code’ without inverted commas in below command and press Enter
- fastboot oem unlock ‘code’
- Entering the above command will unlock bootloader on Motorola One Fusion Plus. It will erase all the data on your phone. After unlocking the bootloader, reboot, and set up your device.
If the above steps didn’t work, then try the same method again in a few days. And if the bootloader unlocked, you can easily root your phone using the below method. But before following the rooting steps go through the list of below requirements.
- Make sure to Unlock Bootloader of Motorola One Fusion+
- Take a full backup of data to restore if anything goes wrong
- Charge your phone to at least 50%
- Download Canary Magisk Manager APK
- Download the Motorola One Fusion+ Firmware for your phone (the same version which is installed on your phone)
Steps to Root Motorola One Fusion Plus
- First, extract the Motorola One Fusion Plus firmware on your computer.
- Look for boot.img file in the extracted folder and copy it to your phone storage.
- Install the Magisk Manager app on your phone.
- Now open the Magisk Manager app and click on the first Install and again click on Install.
- It will ask for the method, so choose ‘Select and Patch a File’ from the option.
- Now browse and select the boot.img file, and it will start patching the boot image.
- The output file will store in the download folder with name magisk_patched.img or patched_boot.img.
- Copy the patched boot image file to your computer in folder C:\adb. Also, rename the patched file to boot.img.
- Reboot your Motorola One Fusion+ to Fastboot mode and connect it to your computer. Follow the steps given in the unlock bootloader guide above.
- In the C:\adb folder press Shift + Right click on an empty area and select ‘Open Command window here’ or ‘Open PowerShell window here.’
- Enter the below command in the Command/PowerShell window to check the device is connected or not, entering command should return some number id.
- Now enter the below command to flash Magisk and root Motorola One Fusion+.
fastboot flash boot boot.img
- After that, reboot your device to the system.
- If the Magisk Manager not installed on your phone, then install the app. Skip if the app is already present.
- Complete the in-app instructions, and the device will automatically reboot into the system.
Now you have successfully rooted your Motorola One Fusion Plus, and now you can use all the restricted features. Like removing system apps that you don’t use or removing ads from your phone.
You May Also Like | Download Google Camera 6.1 for Motorola Devices [Latest APK]
So there you have it, the complete guide on how to root Motorola One Fusion Plus along with its Unlock Bootloader guide. If you have any queries, do let us know in the comment section.