Android 14, the newest Android versions is now available for testing in ROG Phone 6. This is the third phone from Asus to join Android 14 beta program. Zenfone 10 and ROG Phone 7 have already got the Android 14 beta. The Android 14 beta program for ROG Phone 6 (AI2201) was announced recently.
Android 14 is a major update which comes with many new features like flash notification, even bigger fonts, new battery stat UI, improved privacy and security, and many other features. Check out all the new Android 14 features. Asus phones runs on stock like custom UI, so you can expect most of the Android 14 stock features along with additional exclusive features from Asus.
If you are eager to test Android 14 update on your ROG Phone 6 before its public release then you can easily apply for the beta. Asus calls it Android 14 Preview Program. Although it is called preview program, all the information is similar to beta program when we compared it to last year’s Android 13 beta announcement.
Before you apply for the Android 14 Preview program, you need to know that this is the early build, and so there can be minor and major bugs. The whole point of this program is to find and squash bugs before the public release.
Asus also informs that this is a confidential software and users who get accepted in the program can not share details to the public.
How to Apply for Android 14 Beta on ROG Phone 6
- Make sure you already updated to latest Android 13 update.
- Now open Settings on your phone.
- Then head to System > System Update.
- Now tap the Gear/settings icon at the top right corner.
- Here select Enroll in Android Preview Program.
- You can fill the required details and submit your application.
Asus will review your application, and if you are selected you will receive the Android 14 beta update in form of OTA. You will receive an e-mail from Asus if your application is selected. Asus clears that the device original warranty will not void after installing Android 14 beta.
Before you update your ROG Phone 6 to any beta or preview build, make sure to backup your data. Also charge your device to at least 50% to avoid bootloop.
- Android 14 Compatible Devices – Complete List (All OEMs)
- Top Intriguing Features of Android 14
- Sony starts rolling out stable Android 14 for Xperia 1 V
- List of Asus Phones eligible for Android 14 Update