From the past few months, Xiaomi is busy in providing the new system updates to their devices. The company is working to push its newest custom skin – MIUI 12 alongside the OS updates. Last year’s budget mid-range Redmi Note 7 and Note 7S now received the MIUI 12 Update. Here’s the complete information about Redmi Note 7 MIUI 12 Update (with recovery ROM download link).
The new release bears the 220.127.116.11 QFGINXM build number and weighs around 1.97GB to download. Right now, the update is weeding in India. Recently, the company released the Android 10 update for both phones in India, which is based on MIUI 11. So, the newer MIUI 12 build is running on the top of Android 10.
Aside from the build number and size, the MIUI 12 Update for Redmi Note 7 and Note 7S bumps up with a slew of UI changes/features and the latest monthly security patch. Talking about the changes, then the newer build comes with features like new animations, intuitive UI, customizations, and obviously the MIUI 12 Wallpapers.
Xiaomi brings new features to the stock camera app’s Pro Mode, parameter naming to Pro Mode alongside the July 2020 monthly security patch. Here’s the complete changelog that you can check before heading over to the download section.
MIUI 12 Update for Redmi Note 7/7S – Changelog
Optimization: Updated Android Security Patch to July 2020. Increased system security.
New: New Pro mode features and descriptions
Optimization: Pro mode parameter naming
Download Redmi Note 7/7S MIUI 12 Update (Recovery ROM)
Are you eagerly waiting for the MIUI 12 update? If yes, then you can download the Recovery ROM from the below-listed links and sideload it manually on your Redmi Note 7 or 7S. Although, it is a stable update, but still it is in a testing phase and available only for testers and weeding to users, who have enrolled in the pilot tester programs. Here’s the download link.
- Download MIUI 12 Update for Redmi Note 7 / 7S (Recovery ROM)
- Make sure to charge your phone to at least 30%.
- Download the ROM from the above link
- Install ADB & Fastboot driver on your PC
- Take a full backup of your device data
How to Install MIUI 12 Stable Update on Redmi Note 7 / Note 7S
- At first, download the firmware from the above-mentioned link.
- Copy the file and paste it in the internal storage outside of every folder.
- Now head over to the settings > about phone > system updates.
- Click on the three-dots menu icon available in the top right corner.
- Now tap on choose update package option and select the firmware.
- That’s it.
All done. Now you can start using your Redmi Note 7 / 7S running on MIUI 12 based on Android 10.
You May Also Like – Download Google Camera for Redmi Note 7
If you’ve any doubts regarding this article. Drop a comment in the comment section. Also, share this post on social media with your friends!
More Related Articles:
- Best MIUI Themes for Xiaomi Phones
- How to Root Redmi Note 7
- Download Tecno Camon 15 Pro Wallpapers
- Download Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 Wallpapers