Xiaomi has rolled out Android Pie updates to various phones and now its time for Redmi Note 5 Pro. Yes, the Android Pie Global Beta update based on MIUI 9.3.28 is rolling out for Redmi Note 5 Pro. Here you will know how to download & manually install Android Pie Beta on Redmi Note 5 Pro.
It’s a beta update and so if you are already in beta version then you will receive the OTA update. But if you didn’t get the update then use this guide to update to latest Android Pie update. Those who are in Global Stable ROM can also update to Android Pie Global Beta based on MIUI 9.3.28. So if you want to experience Android Pie on your Redmi Note 5 Pro then this guide is for you.
The firmware file based on latest Android Pie Global Beta is also available which means you can update your phone manually. The Android Pie beta update comes with lots of Android Pie and MIUI goodies. New features like customizable notification UI, Battery Indicator, Dark Mode, Adaptive Battery, Adaptive Brightness, and New gestures are included in the update. The update also brings fixes that you can read in the changelog.
If we talk about Dark Mode feature which is the favorite feature for most of the users. In this mode, various system apps converted to black theme, but some apps like File Explorer do not support this feature till now. The Android Pie beta update is a weekly update and so we can expect more fixes and features in upcoming beta updates. Below are the changelogs of the first Global Beta Android Pie update for Redmi Note 5 Pro.
Redmi Note 5 Pro Android Pie Beta Update – Changelogs
- App Lock
- Fix: Issues with the App Lock password form on some device
- Lockscreen, Status bar, Notification shade
- Fix: Battery indicator didn’t disappear when the Notification shade was opened on the Lock screen
- Fix: Issues with displaying notifications on the Lock screen
- Optimization: Fixed holiday in Global markets
- Optimization: Fixed greeting cards in Indic language
- Fix: Virus scan started over after users tapped the results of a completed scan
- Dark Mode
- After enabling the system interface and some applications will use the dark color as the main color
- Security Patch
- Latest April Security Patch dated April 5, 2019
Download Android Pie Update for Redmi Note 5 Pro (Global Beta)
The Android Pie Beta based firmware is officially available to download on MIUI website. The size of MIUI 10 version 9.3.28 firmware is around 1.7GB. There is a condition to update to Android Pie Global Beta ROM that you should be in beta ROM based on Android Oreo. So if you are in Global Stable ROM then first you have to first switch to beta ROM based on Android Oreo (version 9.3.14) and then you will be able to update to Android Pie on Redmi Note 5 Pro.
Note: If you are in Global Stable ROM then first download MIUI10 9.3.14 and install it with the procedure given below. And then follow the same procedure to update to 9.3.28.
- Take a full backup of your phone
- Make sure you are in Android Oreo Beta ROM (9.3.14 or higher)
- Charge your phone to at least 50%
How to Install Android Pie Beta on Redmi Note 5 Pro (via OTA update)
If you are in MIUI 10 version 9.3.14 or 9.3.21 then you can try to manually search for OTA update and install the update. If this method works then it will save your time and data, and if it doesn’t work then follow the next method.
- Connect your phone to WiFi for Internet service.
- Open Settings on your Redmi Note 5 Pro.
- Go to About Phone > System Update.
- Now tap on “Check for updates”.
- It will search for update and ask to update if any available.
- So if any update is available click on “Download Update”.
- After downloading it will ask to Install and Reboot the device, so click on Reboot Now and wait.
- After the Reboot, you will be on the latest update.
If this method doesn’t work then use the manual method to Update Redmi Note 5 Pro to Android Pie Global Beta.
You May Also Like: How to Enable Camera2 API on Redmi Note 5 Pro
How to Install Android Pie Beta on Redmi Note 5 Pro (via Developer ROM)
- Download the Android Pie Beta ROM (9.3.28) from the download section.
- Transfer the ROM to phone storage and remember the location.
- Now open Settings on your phone.
- Go to About Phone > System Update.
- Tap on three vertical dots on the top right and select “Choose update package”.
- Tap on Accept and select the downloaded 9.3.28 ROM and then tap OK.
- It will retrieve info and then select “Reboot and update”.
- It will start decrypting the file and install the Update.
- After installing the update, the phone will automatically Reboot into the system.
- Setup your device and enjoy Android Pie on Redmi Note 5 Pro.
This is a beta ROM generally released for testing so you may have to compromise with some bugs which will be fixed in later updates. So now you have successfully installed Android Pie on your Redmi Note 5 Pro.
I hope the guide was helpful to you. And if you face any problem while installing the ROM make sure to leave a comment and we will reply with the solution as soon as possible.