While OEMs are gearing up for the Android 13 update, there are still many eligible phones left to receive the Android 12 update. This includes many Realme phones. Realme X3 SuperZoom is now the latest Realme device to receive the stable Android 12 based Realme UI 3.0 update. The standard Realme X3 is also getting the Android 12 update.
Realme X3 SuperZoom is a low mid range phone launched in 2020 and it is currently priced at €499. The phone was released with Android 10 OS. Realme X3 SuperZoom later received the Android 11 update and finally it’s receiving the Android 12 update. It is most probably the last major update for the phone.
The update is currently rolling out in India but soon it will be available in Europe as well. Android 12 update is rolling out with the build number RMX2085_11.F.05. But in order to receive the major update your phone must be running on the build RMX2085_11.C.15 / RMX2085_11.C.14 / RMX2085_11.C.13.
The update brings plenty of new features. You can check the full changelog below.
- The all-new design, which emphasizes a sense of space, deliver a simple, clean, and comfortable visual and interactive experience.
- Revamps the page layout based on the principle of reducing visual noise and spacing out elements, and prioritizes information with different colors to make key information stand out.
- Redesigns icons using new materials to give more depth and a greater sense of space and texture to the icons.
- Optimizes Quantum Animation Engine: Quantum Animation Engine 3.0 implements the concept of mass to make animations more lifelike, and optimizes more than 300 animations to bring a more natural user experience.
Convenience & efficiency
- Adds “Background stream”: Apps in Background stream mode continue playing the audio of a video when you leave them or lock your phone.
- FlexDrop is renamed Flexible Windows and is optimized:
- Optimizes the method of switching floating windows between different sizes.
- You can now drag a file from My Files or a photo from the Photos app to a floating window.
Security and privacy
- Privacy-related functions including Privacy protection, Passwords, and Emergency call can now all be found in Phone Manager.
- Optimizes spam block rules: Adds a rule for blocking MMS messages.
- Adds Quick launch, a feature that detects the apps you use frequently and pre-loads them so you can open them quickly.
- Adds a chart to display your battery usage.
- Improves the responsiveness of turning on or off Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Airplane mode.
- In team fight scenes, games run more smoothly at a stable frame rate.
- Reduces the CPU load average and lowers the battery usage.
- You can now drag the zoom slider to zoom in or out smoothly when shooting a video using the rear camera.
- Optimizes the auto brightness algorithm to adapt screen brightness to more scenes for a comfortable screen reading experience.
- Optimizes accessibility:
- Adds visuals to text instructions for an intuitive understanding of accessibility functions.
- Optimizes categorization of functions by grouping them into vision, hearing, interactive actions, and general.
- TalkBack supports more system apps including Photos, Phone, Mail, and Calendar.
If you are a Realme X3 SuperZoom or Realme X3 user then you will receive the Android 12 OTA update. It is a phased rollout which means the rollout can take days to reach all eligible devices. Also, the remaining countries will also be joining the party soon.
You can manually check for the update in Settings. It is helpful if you are not getting OTA update notifications. But before updating your phone, make sure to backup your device and charge it to at least 50%.