Beginning this year, all OEMs started to speed up the Android 11 update for their specific devices. And as usual flagship Android phones are the first to bag the Android 11 followed by mid range phones. And about a couple of months back, OEMs start rolling Android 11 update also for budget and entry level phones including Realme. Realme 7 is a popular budget phone which finally starts receiving the stable Android 11 update.
As you all know Realme phones now run on Realme UI, this Android 11 stable update is available for Realme 7 as the Realme UI 2.0 update. The Realme UI 2.0 early access is available for Realme 7 for a while and earlier this month some beta users received the Open Beta, but it is not the same as this stable Android 11 update. Unfortunately, Realme only allows limited users to join beta programs so the majority of users are still waiting. But don’t worry as now the Realme 7 Android 11 public stable build is available.
It is almost a year since the official release of Android 11 and it is sad that we are still in the phase where OEMs take a year to push the latest updates. But it will keep improving as OS wil get easier to manage.
Talking about the Realme 7 Android 11 stable update build number, it comes as RMX2151PU_11.C.09. Since it is a major update, expect the update size around 1GB or even more. The Android 11 based Realme UI 2.0 for Realme 7 brings a bunch of new features including various performance improvements. Check out the full changelog section to know more about Android 11 for Realme 7.
Realme 7 Android 11 Stable Update Changelog
Personalise the user interface to make it your own
- You can now create your own wallpaper by picking colours from your photos.
- Third-party icons for apps on the home screen are now supported.
- Three Dark mode styles are available: Enhanced, medium and gentle; wallpapers and icons can be adjusted to Dark mode; and the display contrast can be adjusted automatically to ambient light.
- You can now drag text, images or files out of a floating window or from one app to another app in Split screen mode.
- Optimised the editing page of Smart Sidebar: Two tabs are displayed and the order of items can be customised.
- Added “Tone tunes”: Consecutive notification tones will be linked to form a single melody.
- Added weather animations to provide you with a more interesting experience.
- Optimised vibration effects for text input and gameplay.
- Optimised “Auto brightness”.
- You can now remove a folder or combine it with another one.
- Added filters for “Drawer mode”: You can now filter apps by name, install time or usage frequency to find an app more quickly.
Security and Privacy
- You can now turn “App lock” on or off in Quick Settings.
- Added “Low battery message”: When your phone battery is lower than 15%, you can quickly send a message to share your location with specified contacts.
- More powerful SOS functions
Emergency info: You can quickly display your personal emergency info to first responders. The information can be shown even when your screen is locked.
- Optimised “Permission manager”: You can now choose “Allow only once” for sensitive permissions to better protect your privacy.
- Added Immersive mode which reduces disturbances while gaming so you can stay focused.
- You can change the Game Assistant call-up method.
- You can share your personal hotspot with others via a QR code.
- Optimised the photo editing feature with upgraded algorithms and more markup effects and filters.
- You can back up your photos, documents, system settings, WeChat data and more, and easily migrate to a new phone.
- You can select the types of data to be backed up or restored.
- Added the inertial zoom feature which makes zooming smoother during video shooting.
- Added the level and grid feature to help you compose videos.
- Added Sleep Capsule for you to restrict your phone use for better rest and sleep.
- Added “Sound amplifier”: You can amplify faint sounds and soften loud sounds when wearing earphones.
Android 11 Update for Realme 7
Realme UI 2.0 based Android 11 is rolling out for Realme 7 in phases. It means it can take time to be available for all Realme Users. At first, only a group of users will get the stable Realme UI 2.0 update on Realme 7. The process will go on until all eligible users get the stable Android 11 on their Realme 7 phones. Realme UI 2.0 beta testers can directly update their phone from the Settings.
Sometimes we do not get the update notification on our phones and in that case, we can manually check for the update in Settings. Go to Settings > Software Update and refresh the page. If the latest update is available click on Download and Install to get Android 11 on your Realme 7.
Before updating your smartphone, make sure to take a backup of important data and charge your smartphone to at least 50%. In case if you want to go back to Android 10 from Android 11, you can manually install the Android 10 zip file from Stock Recovery.
You May Also Like – Download Google Camera for Realme 7
If you’ve any queries, then leave them down in the comment box. Also, share this article with your friends on social media.
More Related Articles: