Three months ago, Realme initially started testing Realme UI 2.0 on the vanilla Realme X7. After coming out of the final phase of testing, the company has started rolling out Realme UI 2.0 based Android 11 update for Realme X7 via stable channel. And as obvious, the update bags a number of useful features, improvements, and fixes. Here’s are the complete details about Realme X7 Android 11 Update.
Realme X7 series was announced last September with Realme UI 1.0 based Android 10 OS. Last month, the company kicked-off the major update for the X7 Pro. Now it’s a time for the vanilla X7. Definitely, Oppo’s sister-brand Realme took too much time to give major upgrade to its last year’s X7 lineup, but better late than never, right? The latest update knocks up the Realme X7 with RMX3092_11.C.05 software version.
As always, the company also shared recommended software version to get this update. So, if you’re using the Realme X7 then make sure your device is running on any of these software version – RMX2176PU_11.A.14 / RMX2176PU_11.A.16 / RMX2176PU_11.A.17 / RMX2176PU_11.A.18 / RMX2176PU_11.A.20.
In terms of features, then Realme X7 will get a number of new features such as new AODs, notification panel, power menu, revamped home screen UI settings, enhanced dark mode, and more. Here’s the complete changelog of Realme X7 Realme UI 2.0 Update.
Realme UI 2.0 based Android 11 Update for Realme X7 – Changelog
Personalise the user interface to make it your own
- You can now create your own wallpaper by picking colours from your photos.
- Third-party icons for apps on the home screen are now supported.
- Three Dark mode styles are available: Enhanced, medium and gentle; wallpapers and icons can be adjusted to Dark mode; and the display contrast can be adjusted automatically to ambient light.
- You can now drag text, images or files out of a floating window or from one app to another app in Split screen mode.
- Optimised the editing page of Smart Sidebar: Two tabs are displayed and the order of items can be customised.
- Added “Tone tunes”: Consecutive notification tones will be linked to form a single melody.
- You can now determine a time period when Do Not Disturb is on.
- Added weather animations to provide you with a more interesting experience.
- Optimised vibration effects for text input and gameplay.
- Optimised “Auto brightness”.
- You can now remove a folder or combine it with another one.
- Added filters for “Drawer mode”: You can now filter apps by name, install time or usage frequency to find an app more quickly.
Security and Privacy
- You can now turn “App lock” on or off in Quick Settings.
- More powerful SOS functions
- Emergency info: You can quickly display your personal emergency info to first responders. The information can be shown even when your screen is locked.
- Optimised “Permission manager”: You can now choose “Allow only once” for sensitive permissions to better protect your privacy.
- Added Immersive mode which reduces disturbances while gaming so you can stay focused.
- You can change the Game Assistant call-up method.
- You can share your personal hotspot with others via a QR code.
- Added the Cloud Sync for Private Safe feature which allows you to sync the photos in your Private Safe to the cloud.
- Optimised the photo editing feature with upgraded algorithms and more markup effects and filters.
- You can back up your photos, documents, system settings, WeChat data and more, and easily migrate to a new phone.
- You can select the types of data to be backed up or restored.
- You can create multiple backups for your phone.
- Added the inertial zoom feature which makes zooming smoother during video shooting.
- Added the level and grid feature to help you compose videos.
- Added “Sound amplifier”: You can amplify faint sounds and soften loud sounds when wearing earphones.
Realme X7 Android 11 Update
Although, Realme officially rolls out its newest skin update for the Realme X7, but still, as for now, it is limited to select Realme X7 users. Some users have already received the update, while the pending users will get it within a few days. You can move to the Settings > Software Updates to check the newer updates, as there are some times when we don’t get the OTA notification. In case there’s no update, then you’ll get it within a few days.
The company also shares a list of known issues, you can check before updating your device, here:
- After the upgrade, it may take a longer time to boot for the first time, especially if there are many third-party applications on your phone.
- After the upgrade, in order to improve the system operation efficiency and eliminate potential safety risks, the system will perform a series of actions such as application adaptation, background optimization and security scanning. so, the system will occupy more CPU, memory and other resources, which may cause slight hanging and faster power consumption.
We suggest that you can leave it for 5 hours after the phone is fully charged or use the mobile phone for 3 days normally, then your device will get back to normal.
Before updating your smartphone, make sure to take a backup of important data and charge your smartphone to at least 50%. In case if you want to go back to Android 10 from Android 11, you can manually install the Android 10 zip file from Stock Recovery.
You May Also Like – Download Google Camera for Realme X7
If you’ve any queries, then leave them down in the comment box. Also, share this article with your friends on social media.
More Related Articles: