Android 13 is now available on a good number of Android phones including several Realme phones. This week another Realme phone joins the Android 13 update party. The latest Realme phone to get the Android 13 update is the Realme GT 5G. The update has been released almost two months after the start of the beta program for the device.
Android 13 is available on Realme GT 5G with Realme UI 4.0 update. This means that you will get all the Realme UI 4.0 features along with some Android 13 features. If you are a Realme GT 5G user, you can finally experience the Android 13 update.
Realme GT 5G is a two year old phone that was released with Android 11 OS. The phone later received its first major update in the form of Android 12 which was based on Realme UI 3.0. Two months ago, Realme announced the Android 13 Early Access program for the device. And finally after some wait the budget phone is getting its second major update in the form of Android 13. The build number for the current update is not available to us.
The Android 13 based Realme UI 4.0 brings multiple new features on Realme GT 5G. New features include Aquamorphic design language, large folder support on home screen, Bitmoji for AOD, clipboard history changes and more. Check out the full changelog below.
- Adds Aquamorphic Design theme colours for enhanced visual comfort.
- Applies the Aquamorphic Design philosophy to animations to make them natural and vivid.
- Adds Shadow-Reflective Clock, with shadows to simulate the orientation of the sun and moon.
- Adds a Home screen world clock widget to show the time in different time zones.
- Upgrades to Quantum Animation Engine 4.0, with a new behaviour recognition feature, which recognises complex gestures and provides optimised interactions.
- Optimises UI layers for a clearer and neater visual experience.
- Applies real-world physics to animations to make them look more natural and intuitive.
- Adapts responsive layouts to accommodate different screen sizes to improve readability.
- Optimises the widget design to make information easier and quicker to find.
- Optimises fonts for better readability.
- Optimises system icons by using the latest colour scheme to make the icons easier to recognise.
- Enriches and optimises illustrations for features by incorporating multicultural and inclusive elements.
- Adds Meeting Assistant to enhance the meeting connection and note-taking experience and introduces an option to make notifications more subtle and less distracting.
- Adds large folders to the Home screen. You can now open an app in an enlarged folder with just one tap and turn pages in the folder with a swipe.
- Adds media playback control, and optimises the Quick Settings experience.
- Adds more markup tools for screenshot editing.
- Adds support for adding widgets to the Home screen, making information display more personalised.
- Optimises Shelf. Swiping down on the Home screen will bring up Shelf by default. You can search content online and on your device.
- Optimises Multi-Screen Connect. You can open multiple mobile apps on a connected PC for efficient multitasking.
- Adds Bitmoji to offer more Always-On Display animations.
- Adds Omoji to let you fully express yourself with customised avatars.
- Adds Insight Always-On Display, with more personalised Always-On Display settings available.
- Optimises Portrait Silhouette Always-On Display, with more drawing tools and line colours available.
Security & privacy
- Adds an automatic pixelation feature for chat screenshots. The system can identify and automatically pixelate profile pictures and display names in a chat screenshot to protect your privacy.
- Adds regular clearing of clipboard data for privacy protection.
- Optimises Private Safe. The Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) is used to encrypt all files for enhanced security of private files.
Health & Digital wellbeing
- When in Kid Space, your browser app automatically switches to Kids mode to create a child-friendly space.
- Adds Eye comfort in Kid Space to protect children’s vision.
- Upgrades to HyperBoost GPA 4.0 to stabilise the frame rate and balance the performance and power consumption in key scenarios.
The Android 13 update for Realme GT 5G is currently rolling out in India, but soon it will be available globally. As usual the update is rolling out in batches to users who are currently in RMX2202_11.C.25 | RMX2202_11.C.27. If you don’t see an update notification, make sure to check for the update manually in Settings.
If you decide to downgrade your Realme GT 5G from Android 13 to Android 12, you can use this rollback file. Before upgrading/downgrading your phone, make sure to backup your data and charge your phone to at least 50%.