Realme has started pushing the stable Android 13 update to the Realme GT 2. The update comes with a bunch of new features and changes. At the time of writing, the update is rolling out to limited users, a border rollout can be expected later this week or next week. Read along to know more details.
Realme has officially confirmed the rollout on its community forum. And the OEM mentions that currently, the Android 13 stable build is available for the users running on RMX3312_11.A.20 or RMX3312_11.A.21 firmware version. The new firmware is tagged with an RMX3312_11_C.05 version number.
As I said earlier, currently, the upgrade is available for select users, it is already available for some users who participated in the beta program. The over-the-air build for beta users weighs 373MB in size. If you are on stable Android 12, then the OTA may size between 2-4GB.
Realme GT 2 Android 13 upgrade is the first major software upgrade for the smartphone, rolling with a bunch of new features, including new aquamorphic design elements, more new color palettes, new Quantum Engine 4.0, optimized font for better readability, optimized widget design, large folders for the home screen, new editing tools for the screenshot, Bitmoji support for AOD, improved Hyperboost GPA 4.0 for gaming, and more.
Here’s the complete changelog shared by Realme.
- Aquamorphic Design
- Adds Aquamorphic Design theme colors for enhanced visual comfort.
- Applies the Aquamorphic Design philosophy to animations to make them natural and vivid.
- Adds Shadow-Reflective Clock, with shadow simulating the orientation of the sun and moon.
- Adds a Home screen world clock widget to show the time in different time zones.
- Upgrades to Quantum Animation Engine 4.0, with a new behavior recognition feature, which recognizes complex gestures and provides optimized interactions.
- Optimizes UI layers for clearer and neater visual experience.
- Applies real-world physical motions to animations to make them look more natural and intuitive.
- Adapts responsive layouts to accommodate different screen sizes to improve readability.
- Optimizes the widget design to make information easier and quicker to find.
- Optimizes fonts for better readability.
- Optimizes system icons by using the latest color scheme to make the icons easier to recognize.
- Enriches and optimizes illustrations for features by incorporating multicultural and inclusive elements.
- Adds large folders to the Home screen. You can now open an app in an enlarged folder with just one tap and turn pages in the folder with a swipe.
- Adds media playback control, and optimizes the Quick Settings experience.
- Adds more markup tools for screenshot editing.
- Adds support for adding widgets to the Home screen, making information display more personalized.
- Optimizes Shelf. Swiping down on the Home screen will bring up Shelf by default • You can search content online and on your device.
- Seamless Integration
- Optimizes Multi-Screen Connect. You can open multiple mobile apps on a connected PC for efficient multitasking.
- Adds Bitmoji to offer more Always-On Display animations.
- Adds Omoji to let you fully express yourself with customized avatars.
- Optimizes Insight Always-On Display, with more personalized Always-On Display settings available.
- Optimizes Portrait Silhouette Always-On Display, with more drawing tools and line colors available.
- Security & Privacy
- Adds an automatic pixelation feature for chat screenshots • The system can identify and automatically pixelate profile pictures and display names in a chat screenshot to protect your privacy.
- Optimizes Private Safe- The Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) is used to encrypt all files for enhanced security of private files.
- Health & Digital Wellbeing
- Adds Eye comfort in Kid Space to protect children’s vision.
- Performance Optimization
- Adds Dynamic Computing Engine to improve the system speed, stability, battery life, and app experience.
- Gaming Experience
- Upgrades to HyperBoost GPA 4.0 to stabilize the frame rate and balance the performance and power consumption in key scenarios.
If you are a proud Realme GT 2 owner then you can easily upgrade your phone to stable Android 13 by navigating to Settings, then About Device, then select software updates and update your phone to the new firmware. If the update is not available you can wait for a few days.
Make sure to take a backup of important data before updating your device to the new software. Also, charge your device to at least 50%.