Android 13 Beta 1 was released a few weeks back. Since its release, few OEMs have been pushing out Beta 1 of Android 13 to their eligible smartphones. Realme has just announced the rollout of Android 13 Beta 1 for its new device the Realme GT 2 Pro. This new phone was announced by Realme at the start of this year. You can check out the wallpapers and details of the phone by heading here. Now, there is also the non-pro variant of the Realme GT 2, but it looks like for the time being, owners of the GT 2 Pro will be able to get a taste of Android 13.
Considering that the Android 13 is in its early stages, as a GT 2 pro user, one will be facing strange bugs and could also possibly not have a great day-to-day user experience. However, if you are someone that is eager to try out Android 13 Beta 1, then you should definitely give it a try. Well, before you go ahead to install Android 13 Beta 1 on your Realme GT 2 Pro, there are a few things that you need to keep in mind:
- Make sure your Realme GT 2 Pro is running on build RMX3301_A.14
- You will be losing all of your data that has been stored locally.
- Some apps might not work as intended.
- You will be using the stock camera app that lacks any Realme UI features
- Your device should be having at 60% or more battery level while you upgrade.
Now that you have all the important things to do before you begin to get a taste of Android 13 Beta 1, you will now have to download the Android 13 beta 1 package for your Realme GT 2 Pro. Simply head over to this official link to download the update package. With the package downloaded, transfer it to your phone’s internal storage. Now, follow these steps:
- Launch the Settings app and search for Developer Mode. Make sure to turn it on.
- Now, go to the Software update option and then tap on the Settings icon in the upper right corner.
- Tap on Manually select the installation package option.
- You will have to browse to where you have pasted the update package to Android 13 Beta 1.
- Once you have selected the package tap on install.
- The system package file will now be verified. Once complete, the installation of Android 13 beta on your Realme GT 2 Pro will begin.
Once the system update has been installed, the device will restart. Wait for a couple of minutes and you should now be able to get a feel of Android 13. Now, in case you feel that the beta update to Android 13 is not for your liking because of various issues, you can downgrade back to Android 12. All you have to do is download the Android 12 update from here and paste it into your phone’s internal storage. To roll back, simply follow the same steps that are required to install Android 13 Beta 1.
As is the case with all developer review software, not everything will work perfectly, so expect to run into a few issues here and there. If you feel like there’s an issue or a bug that occurs while performing a particular function on your device, make sure to report the bugs so that the developer teams can identify and get a solution for the bug.
If you are an owner of the Realme GT 2 Pro, let us know your thoughts if you have installed Android 13 Beta 1 on your device. Meanwhile, other Realme users will have to wait for the announcement of the Android 13 Beta for their respective devices in the coming days or so.