Last month, Realme kicked off the Android 13 based Realme UI 4.0 update for the vanilla Realme 9. Today, the company has expanded the update’s availability to another smartphone in the 9-series, the newer model to receive the stable Android 13 software upgrade is the Realme 9 5G Speed Edition. Here are all details about the stable update.
Realme has officially confirmed the stable rollout through its community forum. The company says that the new software is currently rolling out the users running on any of these builds – RMX3461_11.C.06 or C.07. If your phone is on the older version, you can update it to any of these builds. The stable version is labeled with the RMX3461_11.F.06 build number.
At the moment, the upgrade is in a rolling phase and will be available to everyone soon. Realme is pushing the new software to its smartphone with many new features including updated AOD, a dynamic computing engine for performance enhancements, a Private Safe tool, support for more color palettes, large folders for the home screen, new editing tools for the screenshot, and more.
Here’s the complete changelog of the new Realme 9 5G Speed Edition Android 13 stable update.
- Aquamorphic Design
- Adds Aquamorphic Design theme colours for enhanced visual comfort.
- Applies the Aquamorphic Design philosophy to animations to make them natural and vivid.
- Adds Shadow-Reflective Clock, with shadows to simulate the orientation of the sun and moon.
- Adds a Home screen world clock widget to show the time in different time zones.
- Upgrades to Quantum Animation Engine 4.0, with a new behaviour recognition feature, which recognises complex gestures and provides optimised interactions.
- Optimises UI layers for a clearer and neater visual experience.
- Applies real-world physics to animations to make them look more natural and intuitive.
- Adapts responsive layouts to accommodate different screen sizes to improve readability.
- Optimises the widget design to make information easier and quicker to find.
- Optimises fonts for better readability.
- Optimises system icons by using the latest colour scheme to make the icons easier to recognise.
- Enriches and optimises illustrations for features by incorporating multicultural and inclusive elements.
- Adds Meeting Assistant to enhance the meeting connection and note-taking experience and introduces an option to make notifications more subtle and less distracting.
- Adds large folders to the Home screen. You can now open an app in an enlarged folder with just one tap and turn pages in the folder with a swipe.
- Adds media playback control, and optimises the Quick Settings experience.
- Adds more markup tools for screenshot editing.
- Adds support for adding widgets to the Home screen, making information display more personalized.
- Optimises Shelf. Swiping down on the Home screen will bring up Shelf by default. You can search content online and on your device.
- Seamless Inter Connection
- Optimises Multi-Screen Connect. You can open multiple mobile apps on a connected PC for efficient multitasking.
- Adds Bitmoji to offer more Always-On Display animations.
- Adds Omoji to let you fully express yourself with customised avatars.
- Adds Insight Always-On Display, with more personalised Always-On Display settings available.
- Optimises Portrait Silhouette Always-On Display, with more drawing tools and line colours available.
- Security & Privacy
- Adds an automatic pixelation feature for chat screenshots. The system can identify and automatically pixelate profile pictures and display names in a chat screenshot to protect your privacy.
- Adds regular clearing of clipboard data for privacy protection.
- Optimises Private Safe. The Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) is used to encrypt all files for enhanced security of private files.
- Health & Digital Wellbeing
- When in Kid Space, your browser app automatically switches to Kids mode to create a child-friendly space.
- Adds Eye comfort in Kid Space to protect children’s vision.
- Gaming Experience
- Upgrades to HyperBoost GPA 4.0 to stabilize the frame rate and balance the performance and power consumption in key scenarios.
If you are a Realme 9 5G Speed Edition owner, you will receive the OTA update on your phone soon. Sometimes the update arrives on phone, but its notification doesn’t appear, so make sure to check for the update manually from Settings.
Always back up important data before the update and charge your phone to 50%.