There are still many eligible devices in the queue to receive the Android 13 update. And a handful of them are Realme phones. The company has rolled out the update for many of its phones and is still working on it. Realme 8s 5G is now the latest Realme phone to receive the stable Android 13 update. Yes, its stable build comes with Realme UI 4.0 and rolling out to everyone.
The Android 13 was released about half a year ago, and OEMs like Google, Samsung, Oppo, and more took the head start while other OEMs including Realme are still working on updates for most of its phones.
Realme 8s 5G was released in 2021 with Android 11 OS. Later the device first received its first major update Android 12. This means the Android 13 is the second major update for the device.
Realme 8s 5G Android 13 update is rolling out to users with build number ending with F.03. Now that this is a major update, it could weigh a lot more on your device. Talking about changes, the new Android 13 based Realme UI 4.0 update packs many new features and improvements like Aquamorphic design, improved privacy and security, and more. You can check the official changelog below.
Realme 8s 5G Android 13 Update Changelog
- Adds Aquamorphic Design theme colours for enhanced visual comfort.
- Adds Shadow-Reflective Clock, with shadows to simulate the orientation of the sun and moon.
- Adds a Home screen world clock widget to show the time in different time zones.
- Optimises the widget design to make information easier and quicker to find.
- Optimises fonts for better readability.
- Optimises system icons by using the latest colour scheme to make the icons easier to recognize.
- Enriches and optimises illustrations for features by incorporating multicultural and inclusive elements.
- Adds large folders to the Home screen. You can now open an app in an enlarged folder with just one tap and turn pages in the folder with a swipe.
- Adds media playback control and optimizes the Quick Settings experience.
- Adds more markup tools for screenshot editing.
- Adds support for adding widgets to the Home screen, making information display more personalized.
- Upgrades Doodle in Notes. You can now draw on graphics to take notes more efficiently.
- Optimizes Shelf. Swiping down on the Home screen will bring up Shelf by default. You can search content online and on your device.
Security & privacy
- Adds regular clearing of clipboard data for privacy protection.
- Optimizes Private Safe. The Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) is used to encrypt all files for enhanced security of private files.
Health & Digital wellbeing
- Adds Eye comfort in Kid Space to protect children’s vision.
If you are a Realme 8s 5G owner and want to update to Android 13, make sure to first install the RMX3381_11.C.06 / RMX3381_11.C.07 update. Once you are on the required version, you will receive Android 13 in the OTA update. This is a batch rollout which means this can take time for some users.
You can also check for update manually to make sure you don’t miss the update and get it on time. To do that go to Settings > Software Update. Once the update is available you can download and install the update.
Before upgrading your phone, make sure to back up all important data and charge your phone to at least 50%.