Stable Android 12 finally starts rolling out for Realme 8. It is based on Realme UI 3.0, the latest custom UI from Realme. The OEM has been working on the Android 12 update for more than a few months. And several eligible Realme phones have already received the update. The Realme 8 is the latest Realme phone to get the Android 12 update. Here you will get to know everything about Android 12 for Realme 8.
Realme started testing Realme UI 3.0 for Realme 8 with the Early Access program in January. Later the phone got open beta. And now finally after all the testing, users are getting the stable/official Realme UI 3.0 on their Realme 8. Make sure your phone is running on RMX3085_11.A.24 / RMX3085_11.A.26 software version.
The official Android 12 for the Realme 8 comes with the build number RMX3085_11_C.06. The phone was released last year with Android 11 out of the box and hence this is the first major update for the phone. It weighs around 1.08GB. Talking about the new features, it comes with many changes and improvements such as all new design, redesigned icons, background stream, and more. You can view the full changelog below.
Realme 8 Android 12 Update Changelog
- The all-new design, which emphasizes a sense of space, deliver a simple, clean, and comfortable visual and interactive experience to make key information stand out.
- Redesigns icons using new materials to give more depth and a greater sense of space and texture to the icons.
- Optimizes Quantum Animation Engine: Quantum Animation Engine 3.0 implements the concept of mass to make animations more lifelike, and optimizes more than 300 animations to bring a more natural user experience.
Convenience & efficiency
- Adds “Background stream”: Apps in Background stream mode continue playing the audio of a video when you leave them or lock your phone.
- FlexDrop is renamed Flexible Windows and is optimized:
- Optimizes the method of switching floating windows between different sizes.
- You can now drag a file from My Files or a photo from the Photos app to a floating window.
- Adds Quick launch, a feature that detects the apps you use frequently and pre-loads them so you can open them quickly.
- Adds a chart to display your battery usage.
- Improves the responsiveness of turning on or off Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Airplane mode.
- In team fight scenes, games run more smoothly at a stable frame rate.
- Reduces the CPU load average and lowers the battery usage.
- You can now decide which camera modes are displayed on the menu bar and in what order they are displayed.
- You can now drag the zoom slider to zoom in or out smoothly when shooting a video using the rear camera.
- Optimizes the auto brightness algorithm to adapt screen brightness to more scenes for a comfortable screen reading experience.
- Optimizes accessibility:
- Adds visuals to text instructions for an intuitive understanding of accessibility functions.
- Optimizes categorization of functions by grouping them into vision, hearing, interactive actions, and general.
- TalkBack supports more system apps including Photos and Calendar.
As usual, the stable Android 12 for Realme 8 will roll out in batches. So if you are a Realme 8 user you will get the update soon if you haven’t already. You can check the new updates from Settings > Software Updates. Before updating your Realme 8 to Android 12, make sure to take backup of your phone and also charge to at least 50%.
You May Also Like – Download Samsung Galaxy A53 Wallpapers [QHD+]
If you still have any queries, leave a comment in the comment section. Also, share this article with your friends.
More Related Stuff:
- Download Google Camera 8.1 for Realme 8 & 8 Pro
- Download Google Camera for Realme X7 Max 5G
- MIUI 13 Features, Eligible Devices, and more