Two of the most popular Realme phones are finally getting the latest Android 12 based Realme UI 3.0 update. Yes, we are talking about budget phones Realme 8 Pro and Realme 7 Pro. Both the phones belong to the same series and also the successor and predecessor to be precise. If you own either of these two phones, check out full details of stable Android 12 for Realme 8 Pro and Realme 7 Pro.
Last month, some users reported on the Realme community platform that they are getting stable Android 12 on their Realme 7 Pro. It was not officially announced at that time. Or it could be the second case that only beta users had received it earlier. But finally the stable Android 12 based Realme UI 3.0 is available for all the Realme 8 Pro and Realme 7 Pro users.
The Android 12 update for Realme 8 Pro comes with build number RMX3081_11.C.18, whereas the Android 12 for Realme 7 Pro comes with build number RMX2170_11.F.16. The build number for Realme 7 Pro is different than what users reported earlier. For Realme 8 Pro, Android 12 is the first major update but for Realme 7 Pro, it is the second major update.
The major Android 12 update brings a bunch of new features and changes. You can check the full changelog below. The changelog is the same for both phones.
Realme 8 Pro Andrioid 12 Update Changelog
- New design
- The all-new design, which emphasizes a sense of space, delivers a simple, clean, and comfortable visual and interactive experience.
- Revamps the page layout based on the principle of reducing visual noise and spacing out elements, and prioritizes information with different colors to make key information stand out.
- Redesigns icons using new materials to give more depth and a greater sense of space and texture to the icons.
- Optimizes Quantum Animation Engine: Quantum Animation Engine 3.0 implements the concept of mass to make animations more lifelike, and optimizes more than 300 animations to bring a more natural user experience.
- Convenience & efficiency
- FlexDrop is renamed Flexible Windows and is optimized:
- Optimizes the method of switching floating windows between different sizes.
- You can now drag a file from My Files or a photo from the Photos app to a floating window.
- Adds Quick launch, a feature that detects the apps you use frequently and pre-loads them so you can open them quickly.
- Adds a chart to display your battery usage.
- Improves the responsiveness of turning on or off Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and Airplane mode.
- In team fight scenes, games run more smoothly at a stable frame rate.
- Reduces the CPU load average and lowers the battery usage.
- You can now decide which camera modes are displayed on the menu bar and in what order they are displayed.
- You can now drag the zoom slider to zoom in or out smoothly when shooting a video using the rear camera.
- Optimizes the auto-brightness algorithm to adapt screen brightness to more scenes for a comfortable screen reading experience.
- Optimizes accessibility:
- Adds visuals to text instructions for an intuitive understanding of accessibility functions.
- Optimizes categorization of functions by grouping them into vision, hearing, interactive actions, and general.
- TalkBack supports more system apps including Photos, Phones, Mail, and Calendar.
- Optimizes accessibility:
As usual, this is a staged rollout. This means the update will be rolled out in multiple batches of users. So it is possible that some users may have already received the update. Now there are some requirements as well to get the update.
For Realme 7 Pro, the device must be running on the latest Android 11 build RMX2170_11.C.30 / RMX2170_11.C.32. And for Realme 8 Pro the required build is RMX3081_11.A.47 / RMX3081_11.A.48. So first update your phone to the latest available version to get the Android 12 OTA update. Also, make sure your phone is charged to at least 50% and take a full backup of important data. You can manually check for the update by going to Settings > Software Update.
In case after updating your phone to the latest Android 12 build, you decide to go back to the Android 11 build, then you will need to downgrade using this guide. Use the downgrade package given below.
More Related Articles:
- Google Camera for Realme 7 Pro
- Download Realme Pad Mini Wallpapers in High Resolution
- Download iOS 16 Wallpapers [QHD+ Resolution]