Realme finally releases Android 11 for Realme 6 and Realme 6i. Recently we have witnessed a cluster of Android 11 updates for many Realme phones. And we will keep seeing the form of Realme as the Android 12 official release is near. The Pro variant already received the update a few months ago. And after testing for almost two months, Realme finally releases the stable Android for Realme 6 and Realme 6i.
Realme UI 2.0 Open Beta for Realme 6 and Realme 6i went live in July. And I assume many users have been waiting for this update. Now you don’t have to wait much as Realme has officially announced the release of Android 11 for Realme 6 and Realme 6i.
Both Realme 6 and Realme 6i Android 11 updates carry build number RMX2001_11.C.12. And since this is a major update for both devices, you can expect the update size to be bigger than other incremental updates. Talking about features, then it brings a bunch of new features from Realme UI 2.0 as well as from Android 11. The changelog for Realme 6 Android 11 and Realme 6i Android 11 is the same which you will find next.
Realme 6 & Realme 6i Android 11 Changelog
Personalise the user interface to make it your own
- You can now create your own wallpaper by picking colours from your photos.
- Third-party icons for apps on the home screen are now supported.
- Three Dark mode styles are available: Enhanced, medium and gentle; wallpapers and icons can be adjusted to Dark mode; and the display contrast can be adjusted automatically to ambient light.
- You can now drag text, images or files out of a floating window or from one app to another app in Split screen mode.
- Optimised the editing page of Smart Sidebar: Two tabs are displayed and the order of items can be customised.
- Added “Tone tunes”: Consecutive notification tones will be linked to form a single melody.
- Added weather animations to provide you with a more interesting experience.
- Optimised vibration effects for text input and gameplay.
- Optimised “Auto brightness”.
- You can now remove a folder or combine it with another one.
- Added filters for “Drawer mode”: You can now filter apps by name, install time or usage frequency to find an app more quickly.
Security and Privacy
- You can now turn “App lock” on or off in Quick Settings.
- Added “Low battery message”: When your phone battery is lower than 15%, you can quickly send a message to share your location with specified contacts.
- More powerful SOS functions Emergency info: You can quickly display your personal emergency info to first responders. The information can be shown even when your screen is locked.
- Optimised “Permission manager”: You can now choose “Allow only once” for sensitive permissions to better protect your privacy.
- Added Immersive mode which reduces disturbances while gaming so you can stay focused.
- You can change the Game Assistant call-up method.
- You can share your personal hotspot with others via a QR code.
- Optimised the photo editing feature with upgraded algorithms and more markup effects and filters.
- You can back up your photos, documents, system settings, WeChat data and more, and easily migrate to a new phone.
- You can select the types of data to be backed up or restored.
- Added the inertial zoom feature which makes zooming smoother during video shooting.
- Added the level and grid feature to help you compose videos.
- Added Sleep Capsule for you to restrict your phone use for better rest and sleep.
- Added “Sound amplifier”: You can amplify faint sounds and soften loud sounds when wearing earphones.
Android 11 for Realme 6 and Reame 6i
The Realme UI 2.0 based Android 11 is rolling out for Realme 6 and Realme 6i in batches. It means the timing for the update rollout can vary for users. Some of you might have already received the update. While some users may have to wait a bit longer. You will get the OTA update directly on your phone through notification. But sometimes notification doesn’t work, so make sure to check the update manually by going to Settings > Software Update. It will show the available update, then hit the Download and Install button.
There are some requirements that you need to follow to get the stable Android 11 on Realme 6 and 6i. First, make sure to update your phone to the latest version RMX2001_11.B.65. And second, take a full backup of your phone before updating. Also, charge your phone to at least 60% to avoid bootloop.
Realme will also provide the official update file, and once it is available, we will share it with you.
You May Also Like – Download Google Camera 7.4 for Realme 6 & Realme 6 Pro (Updated)
If you’ve any queries, then make sure to leave a comment in the comment box. Also, share this article with your friends.
More Related Articles: