Just a few days ago, Realme started the beta recruitment program of Realme UI Update for Realme 3 & Realme 3i. Now, the company has started rolling out the Realme UI beta update with Android 10 for both phones. Both phones were launched last year with Android Pie 9.0. The stable release of the update will be available for both phones later this year. The update knocks up the device with the latest security patch and Realme’s new custom skin features. Here’s how you can update Realme 3 & Realme 3i to Android 10 update.
If you’ve applied to the early access program, then you’ll receive the update via OTA (over-the-air). There are many users who reported receiving Realme UI update on social media. Talking about the features, then the update brings features like Smart Sidebar, Assistive Ball Opacity, 3-Finger Screenshot Gesture support, new wallpapers, authentic design, and more. Here’s the complete changelog that you can check before updating your smartphone.
Realme UI Beta Update for Realme 3 & Realme 3i – Changelog
- Updated UI to realme UI
- Brand new Real Design makes visuals more attractive and operation more efficient.
- Optimized user interface and improved one-handed operation.
- Optimized Smart Sidebar: Replaced File Console with File Manager; removed OSIE Visual Effect and No Notification Alerts.
- Drag an app out of Smart Sidebar to open it in Split-screen Mode.
- Added two new features: “Assistive Ball Opacity” and “Hide Assistive Ball on Fullscreen App”.
- Optimized the Floating Window feature for more apps.
- Added Bubbles: A bubble is displayed when you open an app in a floating window from the Smart Sidebar. Tap the bubble to collapse or open the app.
- Optimized 3-Finger Screenshot Gesture: Use 3 fingers to touch and hold the screen, and swipe to take a screenshot of the selected part of the screen (partial screen capture). Use 3 fingers to touch and hold the screen, and swipe your fingers outwards to capture a long screenshot.
- Added screenshot settings: You can adjust the position of the screenshot preview floating window and set the screenshot sound.
- Optimized screenshot preview floating window: After taking a screenshot, drag it up and release it to share it, or drag it down and release it to take a long screenshot.
Navigation Gestures 3.0
- Optimized gestures: All gestures are supported in landscape mode.
- Added Focus Mode: Minimizes outside distractions when you are learning or working.
- Added whole new charging animation.
- Optimized the Quick Settings user interface for easier one-handed operation.
- Added pause feature for screen recording.
- Added a floating window and settings for screen recording.
- New sounds added for file deletion, calculator key touches, and compass pointer.
- Optimized system built-in ringtones.
- Added TalkBack floating prompts for Accessibility.
- New management feature for recent tasks: You can view the memory of recent tasks and locked apps.
- Optimized visual interaction for Game Space.
- Optimized loading animation for Game Space.
- Added new live wallpapers.
- Added artistic wallpapers.
- Added option to open Global Search or the notification panel when swiping down on homescreen.
- Added option to customize the size, shape, and style of app icons on homescreen.
- Optimized the graphic design of password unlock to facilitate one-handed operation.
- Support for animated wallpapers on the lockscreen.
- Added a Simple Mode for homescreen, featuring larger fonts, icons, and a clearer layout.
- Random MAC address Generator: When your phone is connected to Wi-Fi, network system generates a random MAC address to avoid targeted ads and protect your privacy.
- In Quick Settings or Smart Sidebar, you can open Calculator in a floating window.
- Added the trim feature in Recordings.
- Added the Weather (dynamic) ringtone, which automatically adapts to the current weather.
- Added weather-adaptive animations in Weather.
- Added audio source selection for screen recording
- Optimized the Camera UI for better user experience.
- Optimized the Timer UI and sound.
- Optimized the Album UI for a clearer structure and photo thumbnails.
- Added Album Recommendations that recognize more than 80 different scenes.
- realme Share now supports sharing files with OPPO, Vivo and Xiaomi devices.
- Optimized the Contacts UI for a more efficient experience.
- Search Settings now supports fuzzy match and contains a search history.
- Added Dual Mode Music Share in realme Lab.
- Make sure to charge your phone to at least 30%.
- Take a full backup of your data, as you need to format data.
Realme 3 & Realme 3i Android 10 Update [Beta]
The OTA (over-the-air) update is in a rolling phase, it may arrive on your smartphone very soon. The update bags RMX1827EX_11_C.03 software version which weighs around 2.5GB in size. As it is a beta update, It may have some bugs, so make sure to check it before installing the update.
As of now, the FOTA zip (software build) is not available for sideloading. We’ll update the article once it is available. Till then, you can check the system updates. If it’s available then, you can update your smartphone.
You May Also Like – Download Google Camera for Realme 3 (Pro)
If you’ve any queries, then you can leave the comments in the comment box. Also, share this article with your friends.
More Related Articles: