OnePlus is one of the OEMs that believes in regular updates at least for its newer devices. The new OxygenOS Open Beta 7 is now rolling out for the OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro. It is a small update over the last OxygenOS Open Beta 6 but it optimizes the performance and bug fixes. If you have OnePlus 8 or OnePlus 8 Pro then you can update to the OxygenOS 11 Beta 7. Here you will know everything about the latest OnePlus 8 OxygenOS Open Beta 7.
As OnePlus has only a few devices in the collection, it makes the update process easier. And this is the reason for regular Oxygen OS updates. The sixth OxygenOS Open Beta for OnePlus 8 series was released last month. And just about a month later OnePlus managed to push the OxygenOS Open Beta 7. And we believe this will be released to the public with version 188.8.131.52.
We can also refer OxygenOS Open Beta 7 to OxygenOS 11 Beta 7 for OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro. And if we talk about changes and new features, it brings a few changes including system optimization and bug fixes on both OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro. Luckily the changelog is also available that you can check below.
OnePlus 8 Pro OxygenOS Open Beta 7 – Changelog
- Adjusted the layout of the emergency rescue in the password lock screen
- Fixed the issue that the Horizon light has a small probability of failing to turn on
- Updated Android Security Patch to 2021.02
- Optimized the stability
It is one of the beta builds, so we cannot compare it with stable builds. There can be some bugs on beta builds which is the whole purpose of test builds.
If your OnePlus 8 or OnePlus 8 Pro is running on Beta 6 then you may have already received the Open Beta 7 on your phone over the air. Or you can also check by going to Settings > System > System Updates. But in case if you are on the stable build, you need to install the beta update manually on your device.
You can follow our guide to install Oxygenos Open Beta 7 on your OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro. Make sure to also check the requirements before upgrading to beta build.
- Charge your phone to at least 60%
- Backup your data
- Rolling back to stable build requires a clean installation
Steps to Update OnePlus 8 to OxygenOS Open Beta 7
- Download the latest OxygenOS Open Beta 7 Zip file from the OnePlus forum or Oxygen Updater app.
- Copy the downloaded zip file to your phone storage. Keep it outside of every folder.
- Now open Settings on your phone and go to System > System updates.
- Tap on the Settings icon and then tap on Local Upgrade.
- Browse and select the OxygenOS Open Beta 7 zip file and install it.
- Restart your phone and enjoy the latest OxygenOS update.
You May Also Like – Download Google Camera 7.3 for OnePlus 8 & 8 Pro
If you’ve any queries, then you can leave a comment in the comment section. Also, share this article with your friends.
More Related Articles: