It’s been a few weeks since the official release of Android 14. But the stable Android 14 is currently available only for Pixel phones. If you have a OnePlus phone, stable Android 14 will be available through OxygenOS 14 which is currently in beta testing for some OnePlus devices.
Today the company has released OxygenOS 14 Open Beta 1 for OnePlus 11R and OnePlus 10 Pro. Both phones are expected to receive stable OxygenOS 14 soon after its release for OnePlus 11. Yes OnePlus 11 will be the first phone to get stable OOS 14. In fact it already received the first open beta a while back and currently third beta is the latest.
The first OxygenOS 14 open beta is limited to 5000 users for each model. And as usual your phone need to be running the latest stable build in order to join the open beta. For OnePlus 11R, it should be on CPH2487_188.8.131.521(EX01) or CPH2487_184.108.40.2062(EX01). And for OnePlus 10 Pro, the required build number is NE2211_220.127.116.113(EX01).
OxygenOS 14 Open Beta 1 comes with some new features and changes. The changelog is slightly different for both phones. Here is one changelog which include every changes:
Smart and efficient
- Adds the File Dock feature that allows you to drag content from the dock to other apps and across devices.
- Improves cloud photo service by Google Photos
Security and privacy
- Improves photo and video-related permission management for safer access by apps.
- Improves system stability, the launch speed of apps, and the smoothness of animations.
- Adds support for app-specific refresh rates to improve user experience.
- Upgrades Aquamorphic Design with a natural, gentle, and clearer color style for a more comfortable color experience.
- Adds Aquamorphic-themed ringtones and revamps the system notification sounds.
- Adds a carbon tracking AOD that visualizes the carbon emissions you avoid by walking instead of driving.
As of now the Open Beta is available in India but it should be available in Europe and other regions soon. If you have either OnePlus 11R or OnePlus 10 Pro and want to join the open beta to test the Android 14 based OOS 14 before the official release, you can apply for beta from Settings > About device > Tap up to date > Tap icon on the top right > Beta program. Here follow the on screen instructions and fill all the details.
If your application is selected you will receive the OxygenOS 14 Open Beta within five days. You can check for the update manually Settings > About device > Download Now.