Two months back, OnePlus started testing its newest Android 13 based OxygenOS 13 on the OnePlus 10R via the closed beta testing program. Now, the company has announced an open beta program for the OnePlus 10R. The open beta program is live for both vanilla OnePlus 10R and OnePlus 10R Endurance Edition. Read along to know all details about the new upgrade.
OnePlus officially shared the information about the beta testing program on its community forum. According to the details, the OnePlus 10R owner’s phone needs to be running on the A.07 or A.08 build number. Whereas, the OnePlus 10R Endurance Edition requires the A.06 / A.07 / A.08 software version. Yes, if you want to take a part in the open beta program, update your smartphone to the newest software version.
Just like the previous announcements, OnePlus mentioned a list of known issues on its community forum.
- Abnormal camera operation when using 50M mode.
- When the device is removed from the ear during a call, the screen will turn light slowly.
- When opening an App that requires a password to open, the device’s screen will flash.
- After the phone is charged with SuperVOOC 150w, the saved charge time will not be displayed. (OnePlus 10R Endurance Edition)
- During charging, “SuperVOOC 150W” on the lock screen is not fully displayed. (OnePlus 10R Endurance Edition)
Talking about the features and changes, then OxygenOS 13 upgrade brings new Aquamorphic design elements to the OS, a new world clock widget for the home screen, the ability to create large folders on home screen, media playback control optimization to the Quick Settings, new markup tools for screenshot editing, HyperBoost GPA 4.0 for better gaming performance, and more. Here’s the complete list of changes.
- Aquamorphic Design
- Adds Aquamorphic Design theme colors for enhanced visual comfort.
- Applies the Aquamorphic Design philosophy to animations to make them natural and vivid.
- Adds Shadow-Reflective Clock, with shadow simulating the orientation of the sun and moon.
- Adds a Home screen world clock widget to show the time in different time zones.
- Upgrades to Quantum Animation Engine 4.0, with a new behavior recognition feature, which recognizes complex gestures and provides optimized interactions.
- Optimizes UI layers for clearer and neater visual experience.
- Applies real-world physical motions to animations to make them look more natural and intuitive.
- Optimizes the widget design to make information easier and quicker to find.
- Optimizes fonts for better readability.
- Optimizes system icons by using the latest color scheme to make the icons easier to recognize.
- Enriches and optimizes illustrations for features by incorporating multicultural and inclusive elements.
- Adds large folders to the Home screen. You can now open an app in an enlarged folder with just one tap and turn pages in the folder with a swipe.
- Adds a new type of Always-On Display that shows live information about music, ride-hailing, and food delivery. (Supports only some apps)
- Adds media playback control, and optimizes the Quick Settings experience
- Adds more markup tools for screenshot editing.
- Adds support for adding widgets to the Home screen, making information display more personalized.
- Adds SidebarToolbox You can open floating windows inside apps for smooth operation.
- Optimizes Shelf. Swiping down on the Home screen will bring up Shelf by default. You can search content online and on your device.
- Seamless interconnection
- Optimizes earphone connectivity to deliver a more seamless experience.
- Optimizes Bitmoji to offer more Always-On Display animations.
- Optimizes insight Always-On Display, with more personalized Always-On Display settings available.
- Optimizes Canvas Always-On Display, with more drawing tools and line colors available.
- Security & privacy
- Adds an automatic pixelation feature for chat screenshots. The system can identify and automatically pixelate profile pictures and display names in a chat screenshot to protect your privacy.
- Optimizes Private Safe. The Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) is used to encrypt all files for enhanced security of private files
- Health & Digital wellbeing
- Adds Kid Space, providing screen time limit ambient light reminders and Eye-protecting display features.
- Adds distance-from-phone, ambient light, and sitting posture reminders in Kid Space.
- Adds Eye comfort in Kid Space to protect children’s vision.
- Performance optimization
- Adds Dynamic Computing Engine to improve the system speed, stability, battery life, and app experience.
Now if you own the OnePlus 10R or OnePlus 10R Endurance Edition and want to try out the OxygenOS 13 open beta, then you can head over to this OnePlus community forum post to download the compatible open beta build for your phone.
Before upgrading make sure to take a backup of important data. Also, make sure to charge your smartphone to at least 30%.
More Related Articles: