OnePlus is actively expanding OxygenOS 13 beta testing across many of its devices. Recently we shared that OnePlus released Android 13 open beta for OnePlus 9R and OnePlus 9RT. And now as expected, the OxygenOS 13 update is available for the OnePlus 8, OnePlus 8 Pro, and OnePlus 8T.
OxygenOS 13 is the OnePlus take on Android 13. This is a major OS upgrade for OnePlus phones and brings a lot of new features and improvements. And as it is based on Android 13, it also brings some Android 13 features.
With OxygenOS 12 based on Android 12 last year, OnePlus took a long time to introduce it to its devices. But this year OnePlus is taking swift action and is already testing the update for several of its devices. In fact, the stable update for OnePlus 9 series can be released anytime.
Speaking of new features, Open Beta brings aquamorphic design language to the entire system UI for smooth navigation and more. If you are a user in India, the update also brings support for 5G. The changelog is the same for both the OnePlus 8 series and the OnePlus 8T.
OnePlus 8 Pro OxygenOS 13 OB Changelog
- Adds Aquamorphic Design theme colors for enhanced visual comfort.
- Applies the Aquamorphic Design philosophy to animations to make them natural and vivid.
- Adds Shadow-Reflective Clock, with shadow simulating the orientation of the sun and moon.
- Upgrades to Quantum Animation Engine 4.0, with a new behavior recognition feature, which recognizes complex gestures and provides optimized interactions.
- Optimizes UI layers for a clearer and neater visual experience.
- Applies real-world physical motions to animations to make them look more natural and intuitive.
- Adapts responsive layouts to accommodate different screen sizes to improve readability.
- Optimizes the widget design to make information easier and quicker to find.
- Optimizes fonts for better readability.
- Optimizes system icons by using the latest color scheme to make the icons easier to recognize.
- Enriches and optimizes illustrations for features by incorporating multicultural and inclusive elements.
- Adds Meeting Assistant to enhance the meeting connecting and note-taking experience and introduces an option to make notifications more subtle and less distracting.
- Adds large folders to the Home screen. You can now open an app in an enlarged folder with just one tap and turn pages in the folder with a swipe.
- Adds media playback control, and optimizes the Quick Settings experience.
- Adds more markup tools for screenshot editing.
- Upgrades Doodle in Notes. You can now draw on graphics to take notes more efficiently.
- Optimizes Shelf. Swiping down on the Home screen will bring up Shelf by default. You can search content online and on your device.
- Optimizes earphone connectivity to deliver a more seamless experience.
- Optimizes Bitmoji to offer more Always-On Display animations.
- Adds Omoji to let you fully express yourself with customized avatars.
- Optimizes Insight Always-On Display, with more personalized Always-On Display settings available.
- Optimizes Canvas Always-On Display, with more drawing tools and line colors available.
Security & privacy
- Adds an automatic pixelation feature for chat screenshots. The system can identify and automatically pixelate profile pictures and display names in a chat screenshot to protect your privacy.
- Adds regular clearing of clipboard data for privacy protection.
- Optimizes Private Safe. The Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) is used to encrypt all files for enhanced security of private files.
Health & Digital wellbeing
- Adds Kid Space, providing screen time limit, ambient light reminders, and Eye-protecting display features.
- Upgrades to HyperBoost GPA 4.0 to stabilize the frame rate and balance the performance and power consumption in key scenarios.
- Optimizes the pre-launch capabilities of Quick startup to load games faster.
- Abnormal display of charging prompt under screen lock.
- Video below 300K resolution recorded by the camera cannot be sent via MMS.
- More function icon in the editing interface of the control center is displayed incorrectly.
Download OxygenOS 13 Open Beta for OnePlus 8 series
The open beta is currently available in India but is expected to release in more regions soon. If you own OnePlus 8, OnePlus 8 pro, or OnePlus 8T, you can now install the OxygenOS 13 open beta on your phone if you are on the latest C.25 build. Since it is a beta update there can have bugs other than known issues. So make sure to update your phone keeping this point in mind.
Now if you have decided to test the open beta build, then you can download the given file and install it manually.
Downgrade Package (OOS 13 to OOS 12)
After downloading the upgrade package on your phone, go to Settings > About device > Version and then tap the build number 7 times to enable developer options. Now go to Settings > About device > Up to Date. Tap the icon on top right corner and select Local Install > select the downloaded package. Extract the package by allowing it on the popup and upgrade the device. Once done, reboot your phone and enjoy.
Make sure to take backup of your phone’s data and charge it to at least 50%. And when you want to downgrade the device you can install the downgrade package in the same way.
- Download Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 4 Pro Stock Wallpapers [FHD+]
- Download Google Pixel 7 (Pro) Wallpapers [QHD+ Resolution]
- OxygenOS 13 Open Beta for OnePlus 9RT is now live