The Android 13 is the latest OS for Android phones. Google released Android 13 for Pixel phones in early August. And since then only a couple of phones received the stable Android 13. After releasing the stable upgrade for the OnePlus 10 Pro. Now, the company has announced the Android 13 based OxygenOS 13 open beta for the OnePlus 9 and OnePlus 9 Pro.
OnePlus has officially shared the information about the open beta program on its community forum. And as per the details, your smartphone needs to be running on OxygenOS 12 version (C.63) stable. Yes, if you want to take a part in the open beta program, update your smartphone to the newest software version.
At the moment, the open beta program goes live for NA (North America) and India, it will be expanded to the European region in the coming days. Apart from these details, OnePlus shares a list of known issues in the open beta build, see the list here.
- Carrier version devices (VZW) aren’t compatible with the Open beta builds.
- After the flashlight is activated, the notification of the flashlight switch will not be shown on the lock screen.
- Incoming call notifications will not be displayed when an iPhone is calling.
For features and changes, OnePlus confirms the addition of Aquamorphic design elements to the OS, a new world clock widget for the home screen, a Quantum Animation Engine 4.0 upgrade, the ability to create large folders on home screen, media playback control optimization to the Quick Settings, new markup tools for screenshot editing, HyperBoost GPA 4.0 for better gaming performance, and more. Here’s the complete list of changes.
- Aquamorphic Design
- Adds Aquamorphic Design theme colors for enhanced visual comfort.
- Applies the Aquamorphic Design philosophy to animations to make them natural and vivid.
- Adds a Home screen world clock widget to show the time in different time zones.
- Upgrades to Quantum Animation Engine 4.0, with a new behavior recognition feature, which recognizes complex gestures and provides optimized interactions.
- Applies real-world physical motions to animations to make them look more natural and intuitive.
- Optimizes fonts for better readability.
- Enriches and optimizes illustrations for features by incorporating multicultural and inclusive elements.
- Adds Meeting Assistant to enhance the meeting connecting and introduces an option to make notifications more subtle and less distracting.
- Adds large folders to the Home screen. You can now open an app in an enlarged folder with just one tap and turn pages in the folder with a swipe.
- Adds media playback control, and optimizes the Quick Settings experience
- Adds more markup tools for screenshot editing.
- Adds SidebarToolbox You can open floating windows inside apps for smooth operation.
- Optimizes Shelf. Swiping down on the Home screen will bring up Shelf by default. You can search content online and on your device.
- Seamless interconnection
- Optimizes earphone connectivity to deliver a more seamless experience.
- Optimizes Bitmoji to offer more Always-On Display animations.
- Optimizes insight Always-On Display, with more personalized Always-On Display settings available.
- Optimizes Canvas Always-On Display, with more drawing tools and line colors available.
- Security & privacy
- Adds an automatic pixelation feature for chat screenshots. The system can identify and automatically pixelate profile pictures and display names in a chat screenshot to protect your privacy.
- Adds regular clearing of clipboard data for privacy protection.
- Optimizes Private Safe. The Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) is used to encrypt all files for enhanced security of private files
- Health & Digital wellbeing
- Adds Kid Space, providing screen time limit ambient light reminders and Eye-protecting display features.
- Performance optimization
- Adds Dynamic Computing Engine to improve the system speed, stability, battery life, and app experience.
- Optimizes Dolby sound effects with enhanced spatial sound field perception and more accurate sound sourcing.
- Gaming experience
- Upgrades to HyperBoost GPA 4.0 to stabilize the frame rate and balance the performance and power consumption in key scenarios
Now if you own the OnePlus 9 or OnePlus 9 Pro and want to try out the OxygenOS 13 open beta, then you can head over to this OnePlus community forum post to download the compatible open beta build for your phone.
Before upgrading make sure to take a backup of important data. Also, make sure to charge your smartphone to at least 30%.
You May Also Like – Google Camera for OnePlus 9 Pro
If you’ve any query, then leave it in the comment box below. Also, share this article with your friends.
More Related Articles: