OnePlus is constantly working on the latest Android 13 based OxygenOS 13 for its top devices. A few weeks back, OnePlus released the stable OxygenOS 13 for the OnePlus 10 Pro which is its latest flagship phone.
Later OnePlus released some closed beta and open beta programs for its main devices. Talking about the Open Beta program three OnePlus phones join the Android 13 based OxygenOS 13 Open beta program. And now the open beta program is available for the OnePlus 9RT. So now the OnePlus 10R, OnePlus 9, OnePlus 9 Pro, and OnePlus 9RT are in open beta testing.
The Open Beta program is the last phase of beta testing for OnePlus phones and after this, the public build will be released. However, before the public release, there will be some open beta builds like two or three builds.
Since it is a beta program, any OnePlus 9RT user can apply for the beta to experience Android 13 before the final release. To apply for the open beta, you need to make sure your phone is already on the latest OOS 12 version which is C.07.
OxygenOS 13 comes with many new features and improvements over the last year’s OOS 12. Some of the main features include the new Aquamorphic design which makes the animation smooth. The new version of OxygenOS or ColorOS brings some new effects in Always on Display, media playback controls, improved security and privacy, and more. You can check the full changelog below.
- Adds Aquamorphic Design theme colors for enhanced visual comfort.
- Applies the Aquamorphic Design philosophy to animations to make them natural and vivid.
- Upgrades to Quantum Animation Engine 4.0, with a new behavior recognition feature, which recognizes complex gestures and provides optimized interactions.
- Optimizes UI layers for a clearer and neater visual experience.
- Applies real-world physical motions to animations to make them look more natural and intuitive.
- Adapts responsive layouts to accommodate different screen sizes to improve readability.
- Optimizes fonts for better readability.
- Enriches and optimizes illustrations for features by incorporating multicultural and inclusive elements.
- Adds Meeting Assistant to enhance the meeting connecting and note-taking experience and introduces an option to make notifications more subtle and less distracting.
- Adds large folders to the Home screen. You can now open an app in an enlarged folder with just one tap and turn pages in the folder with a swipe.
- Adds a new type of Always-On Display that shows live information about music, ride-hailing, and food delivery. (Supports only some apps).
- Adds media playback control, and optimizes the Quick Settings experience.
- Adds more markup tools for screenshot editing.
- Optimizes Shelf. Swiping down on the Home screen will bring up Shelf by default. You can search content online and on your device.
- Optimizes Screencast, with cast content automatically adapting to the target screen.
- Optimizes earphone connectivity to deliver a more seamless experience.
- Optimizes Bitmoji to offer more Always-On Display animations.
- Optimizes Insight Always-On Display, with more personalized Always-On Display settings available.
- Optimizes Canvas Always-On Display, with more drawing tools and line colors available.
Security & privacy
- Adds an automatic pixelation feature for chat screenshots. The system can identify and automatically pixelate profile pictures and display names in a chat screenshot to protect your privacy.
- Adds regular clearing of clipboard data for privacy protection.
- Optimizes Private Safe. The Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) is used to encrypt all files for enhanced security of private files.
Health & Digital wellbeing
- Adds Kid Space, providing screen time limit, ambient light reminders, and Eye-protecting display features.
The update has some known issues that you can check below.
- Eye comfort mode cannot be activated in specific scenarios.
- After switching the system dynamic wallpaper, the time on the lock screen is displayed abnormally.
If you are a OnePlus 9RT user in India and already updated to the C.07 build, then you can opt for the open beta by installing the beta build on your phone. This will be available in other regions soon. You can download the OOS 13 open beta build below.
Once you have the upgrade package on your phone, go to Settings > About device > Version and then tap the build number 7 times to enable developer options. Now go to Settings > About device > Up to Date. Tap the icon on top right corner and select Local Install > select the downloaded package. Extract the package by allowing it on the popup and upgrade the device. Once done, reboot your phone and enjoy.
Make sure to take backup of your phone’s data and charge it to at least 50%. And when you want to downgrade the device you can install the downgrade package in the same way.
- OnePlus 10 Pro starts receiving stable Android 13 update
- Top Intriguing features of Android 13
- Download Google Pixel 7 (Pro) Wallpapers [QHD+ Resolution]