Android 13 is still new among non-Pixel phones. Only a few flagship phones have got the latest stable build. On the positive side, testing is in progress for several devices including OnePlus phones. OnePlus 10T is now the latest phone to receive Android 13 based OxygenOS 13 open beta.
OnePlus is already testing the Android 13 beta update on several of its devices. And now another device has joined the list. OnePlus 10T entered beta testing a few weeks back but it was a closed beta test and was only available to a limited number of users. And now its Open Beta is available.
Open Beta is the final beta phase for OnePlus phones that release just before the stable update. And OB build is available to everyone who has the required device. So if you have a OnePlus 10T then you can experience Android 13 before the stable release.
As usual, there is a requirement you have to follow to join the open beta program. Your OnePlus 10T must be on the latest OxygenOS 12 update which is build A.08 or A.10.
The Android 13 based OxygenOS 13 open beta stack bunch of new features. Below you can check the full changelog.
- Adds Aquamorphic Design theme colors for enhanced visual comfort.
- Applies the Aquamorphic Design philosophy to animations to make them natural and vivid.
- Adds Shadow-Reflective Clock, with shadow simulating the orientation of the sun and moon.
- Adds a Home screen world clock widget to show the time in different time zones.
- Upgrades to Quantum Animation Engine 4.0, with a new behavior recognition feature, which recognizes complex gestures and provides optimized interactions.
- Optimizes UI layers for a clearer and neater visual experience.
- Applies real-world physical motions to animations to make them look more natural and intuitive.
- Adapts responsive layouts to accommodate different screen sizes to improve readability.
- Optimizes the widget design to make information easier and quicker to find.
- Optimizes fonts for better readability.
- Optimizes system icons by using the latest color scheme to make the icons easier to recognize.
- Enriches and optimizes illustrations for features by incorporating multicultural and inclusive elements.
- Adds Meeting Assistant to enhance the meeting connecting and note-taking experience and introduces an option to make notifications more subtle and less distracting.
- Adds large folders to the Home screen. You can now open an app in an enlarged folder with just one tap and turn pages in the folder with a swipe.
- Adds a new type of Always-On Display that shows live information about music, ride-hailing, and food delivery. (Supports only some apps)
- Adds media playback control, and optimizes the Quick Settings experience.
- Adds more markup tools for screenshot editing.
- Adds support for adding widgets to the Home screen, making information display more personalized.
- Adds Sidebar Toolbox. You can open a floating window inside apps for smooth operation.
- Optimizes Shelf. Swiping down on the Home screen will bring up Shelf by default. You can search content online and on your device.
- Optimizes Screencast, with cast content automatically adapting to the target screen.
- Optimizes earphone connectivity to deliver a more seamless experience.
- Optimizes Bitmoji to offer more Always-On Display animations.
- Optimizes Insight Always-On Display, with more personalized Always-On Display settings available.
- Optimizes Portrait Silhouette Always-On Display, with more drawing tools and line colors available.
Security & privacy
- Adds an automatic pixelation feature for chat screenshots. The system can identify and automatically pixelate profile pictures and display names in a chat screenshot to protect your privacy.
- Optimizes Private Safe. The Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) is used to encrypt all files for enhanced security of private files.
Health & Digital wellbeing
- Adds Eye comfort in Kid Space to protect children’s vision.
- Upgrades to HyperBoost GPA 4.0 to stabilize the frame rate and balance the performance and power consumption in key scenarios.
Since it is an open beta build you can expect some minor as well as major bugs. Here are some of the known bugs.
- The wallpaper is blurry on the lock screen in specific scenarios.
- The charging prompt on the lock screen is not displayed normally.
- Expansion function in the Movie Mode is not displayed normally.
If you have the OnePlus 10T in India then you can easily opt for the OxygenOS 13 open beta program. It is not available in other regions yet. But expect the availability soon.
Download OxygenOS 13 OB for OnePlus 10T
You will need the open beta file to join the beta program. All you need to do is manually install the available ROM file on your device. You can download the official OOS 13 beta ROM.
To install the file first copy it to the phone storage and then enable developer options. Open Settings and go to About Device > Version. Now tap the build number 7 times to enable developer options. After that go to Settings > About Device > Up to Date. Tap the top right icon > Local Install and then select the ROM. Follow the on screen instructions and wait for the installation. Reboot and enjoy the new update.
Don’t like the new update, then you can install the rollback file using the same method. You can use this downgrade package.
- OxygenOS 13 Open Beta now available for OnePlus 8 Series and 8T
- OxygenOS 13 Supported Devices, Release Date, and Features
- Download the new (2022) iPad 10 Wallpapers in high quality