The OnePlus 7 series and OnePlus 7T series are yet to receive their last major update which will be Android 12. Currently, OxygenOS 12 based Android 12 is available in open beta for the OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7T series. And today, OnePlus released the second OxygenOS 12 open beta for the OnePlus 7, OnePlus 7 Pro, OnePlus 7T, and OnePlus 7T Pro.
The first OxygenOS 12 open beta for the OnePlus 7/7T series was released in the first week of July. And more than a month later the second open beta is finally here. This means that users of OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7T series can expect the stable Android 12 within a month.
The new OxygenOS 12 Open Beta for OnePlus 7 and 7T series brings some changes as well as some new features. You can check the complete changelog below.
OnePlus 7 OxygenOS 12 OB2 Changelog
- [Improved] system stability in some scenarios
- [Optimized] the charging speed in some scenarios
- [Optimized] the experience of fingerprint unlocking
- [Fixed] the issue when double tap to wake or turn off screen worked abnormally
- [Fixed] the issue when adjusting vibration intensity worked abnormally
- [Fixed] the issue that the camera crashed after turning on Ultra Steady
- [Fixed] the issue that My Files crashed in certain scenarios
Download OOS 12 Open Beta 2 for OnePlus 7
If you are a OnePlus 7, OnePlus 7 Pro, OnePlus 7T, or OnePlus 7T Pro user and want to install OOS 12 open beta to test Android 12 features, make sure your phone is updated to OxygenOS 11 version 126.96.36.199. Users who are already on Open Beta 1 can wait for the OTA update.
If you want to switch to Open Beta or you want to update immediately from Open Beta 1 then you can use the Open Beta 2 package file.
OxygenOS 12 Open Beta 2 Package
To install the OxygenOS 12 Open Beta 2 on your phone, move the downloaded package to internal storage. Now go to Settings > System > System Update > Click the top right button > Local install. Select the Open Beta 2 package and wait for installation. Reboot your phone and enjoy.
Don’t forget to take a backup of your phone and charge it to at least 50% before upgrading. In case you want to go back to Android 11, then you can use the rollback package files mentioned below.
Rollback Files (OOS 12 Open Beta 2 to Android 11):
If you’ve any queries, then you can leave a comment in the comment section. Also, share this article with your friends.
- Download Google Camera 6.1 for OnePlus 7T
- How to Root OnePlus 7T Pro with Patched Boot Image
- How to Assign Ringtone to Specific Contacts in OxygenOS 12