OnePlus has finally started OxygenOS 12 open beta testing on OnePlus 7, OnePlus 7 Pro, OnePlus 7T, and OnePlus 7T Pro. OxygenOS 12 is the latest custom OS based on Android 12 for OnePlus phones.
OnePlus has already rolled out stable Android 12 for some of its phones, but there are still a few devices like the OnePlus 7 and 7T series that haven’t received the stable update yet. But with the Open Beta release, the stable update is now closer than before for these two series phones. Let’s find out everything about the OxygenOS 12 Open Beta 1 for OnePlus 7 series and OnePlus 7T series.
The OnePlus 7 series was released in the first half of 2019 with Android 9 and later in the second half, the OnePlus 7T series was released with Android 10. Later the OnePlus 7 series received two updates and OnePlus 7T series got one major update. This means Android 12 is going to be the third update for the OnePlus 7 series, while it is going to be the second major update for OnePlus 7T series.
OnePlus began the closed beta testing for both series phones in March this year. And about three months later, the Android 12 based OxygenOS 12 Open Beta 1 is here for both the series.
The new OxygenOS 12 Open Beta 1 comes with new features and changes. You can check the full official changelog below.
OxygenOS 12 Open Beta 1 Changelog
- Newly added Smart Battery Engine, a feature that prolongs your battery life based on smart algorithms and biomimetic self-restoration technology
- Redesigns app icons using new materials to give more depth and a greater sense of space and texture to the icons
- Revamps the page layout based on the principle of reducing visual noise and optimizes the presentation of text and color to make key information stand out
- Optimized desktop icons with improved textures, by using a design inspired by brand-new materials and uniting lights and layers
- Optimized spam block rules: Adds a rule for blocking MMS messages
- Newly added the HyperBoost end-to-end frame rate stabilizer
- Newly added Voice effect preview to allow you to record your voice effect or check your voice effect in real time
- Dark mode
- Dark mode now supports three adjustable levels, bringing a more personalized and comfortable user experience
- New additional style options for Cards, making data contents more visual and easier to read
- Newly added access to OnePlus Scout in Shelf, allowing you to search multiple contents on your phone, including Apps, Settings, Media Data, etc
- Work Life Balance
- Work Life Balance feature is now available to all users, allowing you to effortlessly switch between Work and Life mode via quick settings
- WLB 2.0 now supports automatic Work/Life mode switching, based on specific locations, Wi-Fi network, and time, also bringing customized App notification profiles according to the personalization
- Gallery now allows you to switch between different layouts with a two-finger pinch gesture, intelligently recognizing the best-quality pictures, and cropping the thumbnail based on the content, making the gallery layout more pleasing
- Canvas AOD
- Canvas AOD brings you new diverse styles of lines and colors, for a more personalized lock screen experience with inspiring visuals
- Newly added multiple brushes and strokes and support for color adjustment
- Optimized software algorithm and improved face recognition to better identify the features and skin color of different figures
- Optimized categorization of functions by grouping them into vision, hearing, interactive actions, and general
- TalkBack supports more system apps including Photos, Phone, Mail, and Calendar
Download OxygenOS 12 Open Beta 1 File
How to Install OxygenOS 12 Open Beta 1
Now if you are a OnePlus 7, OnePlus 7 Pro, OnePlus 7T, or OnePlus 7T Pro user and want to apply for the Open beta then make sure your phone is running on either 126.96.36.199. or 188.8.131.52 version. Also, take a full backup of your phone and charge it to at least 50%. Now follow the given steps to install OxygenOS 12 Open Beta 1.
- Copy the downloaded ROM to the phone’s internal storage (keep it outside of every folder).
- Go to Settings > System > System Update > Click the top right button > Local install. Browse and locate the upgrade package and tap it.
- It will now extract the package.
- After the upgrade is complete, click Restart.
- That’s it.
You May Also Like – Download Google Camera 6.1 for OnePlus 7T
If you’ve any queries, then you can leave a comment in the comment section. Also, share this article with your friends.
- How to Root OnePlus 7T Pro with Patched Boot Image
- Download iOS 16 Wallpapers [QHD+ Resolution]
- How to Assign Ringtone to Specific Contacts in OxygenOS 12