Two months back, OnePlus released the incremental software patch, known as, OxygenOS 126.96.36.199 for its 8 series phones. It was a small incremental update brings updated security patch and a fix for camera app. Yesterday, the company has pushed yet another gradual update for the OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro. The new update sews with OxygenOS 188.8.131.52 version number and brings a number of new features and changes to the OnePlus 8 series phones.
The update is currently available in the EU but soon it will be available for India and North America. The update lands in India with 184.108.40.206.IN21DA / 220.127.116.11.IN11DA, 18.104.22.168.IN21BA / 22.214.171.124.IN11BA for Europe, and 126.96.36.199.IN21AA / 188.8.131.52.IN11AA for NA. The full build measures around 2.94GB in size for downloading, OTA may weigh less. But, at the time of writing, we’ve not received the OTA on our OnePlus 8 Pro.
Talking about the features, then the update on OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro brings Bitmoji AOD support, new OnePlus Store app (which was in testing from Open Beta 12), screenshot support for AOD, new features for OnePlus Buds Pro, along with a few fixes. The company has fixed navigation gestures issue and some other known issues. The changelog also suggests a new monthly security patch, it is the August 2021 patch. Here’s the complete changelog you can check before upgrading your device.
OnePlus 8 (Pro) OxygenOS 184.108.40.206 Changelog
- Newly adapted OnePlus Buds Pro and brought new powerful features
- Newly added the screenshot feature for AOD
- Fixed the failed issue of Navigation gestures in some scenes
- Improved system stability and fixed known issues
- Updated Android security patch to 2021.08
- Optimized the portrait mode effect of the front camera
- OnePlus Store
- An intuitive and convenient way to manage your OnePlus account, get easy-to-access support, discover exciting members-only benefits, and shop for OnePlus products. (Please note that it can be uninstalled)
- Ambient Display
- Newly added Bitmoji AOD, co-designed with Snapchat, which will liven up the ambient display with your personal Bitmoji avatar. Your avatar will update throughout the day based on your activity and things happening around you (Path: Settings – Customization – Clock on ambient display – Bitmoji)
OxygenOS 220.127.116.11 Update for OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro
OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro users can now upgrade their smartphone to the newer 18.104.22.168 incremental update. Although, as for now, the update hits only a few units of OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro. But if you’re in a haste, then you can update your device manually through Local upgrade option after downloading the firmware from Oxygen Update app or OnePlus’s community forum.
If you’re going to update manually, then make sure to take a backup before upgrading your device.
The official OTA may take some time to reach every device, if you’ve not received the OTA notification yet, then you can go to Settings > System > System Update to check software updates manually.
You May Also Like – Download Pixel 5a 5G Wallpapers
If you’ve any queries, then you can leave a comment in the comment section. Also, share this article with your friends.
More Related Articles: