Oppo phones run on ColorOS which is a custom UI from Oppo. And since the release of Android 11, Oppo has been working on ColorOS 11 to provide the latest Android update to its users. Oppo has also released the Android 11 roadmap that shows which Oppo device will get the update and when. And as promised Oppo starts rolling Android 11 Beta update for Oppo Reno3 and Oppo Reno3 Pro 4G.
Along with these two devices, Oppo has also pushed the same Android 11 beta update for a few other devices Oppo F17 Pro and Reno4 5G. It is a public beta and so users who have registered will soon get the Android 11 on their supported devices. As per the official ColorOS twitter account, they have started rolling the Android 11 beta from 30th September to registered users.
As we know Oppo opens registration for beta to only a limited number of users. And so if you made it to the limited users then you can expect the Android 11 based ColorOS 11 Beta update in a few days. If not then go and try your luck by registering for the Android 11 Beta.
The first batch for Reno3 4G is limited to 2000 users from Indonesia, and Malaysia. And for Reno3 Pro 4G it is limited for 4000 users from India, Malaysia, and Indonesia. If you have devices from these regions then go ahead and register for the beta update. After registration users will receive the update within the next 3 days.
Oppo may increase the quota limit as they have done in the past, so make sure to stay connected to the ColorOS twitter account. The company has also shared the known bugs that you can check below and decide if the Android 11 beta will suit your day to day uses.
Android 11 Beta (ColorOS 11) Known Bugs:
- Fail to share contacts by bluetooth
- Search malfunction in Google File
- There is a probability that photo inversion after switch camera
- The sound of video call in WhatsApp comes from the speaker in bluetooth mode
- Photo lost in zoom 2X under Night mode>>Tripod mode
- Camera crash when using AI Beautification and Bokeh mode then switch to other filters
- Photograph takes a long in Portrait mode
- There is a probability that green screen appears and freezes while using Wechat video call on floating window and playing paid video in YouTube
- There is a probability that bluetooth connect malfunction with TV and car
- Laggy and heating in some scenarios
- There is a low probability that phone crash and restart
- Photo overexposure under the sun in 64MP
So these are the known issues in the first Android 11 beta batch for Reno3 and Reno3 Pro 4G phones. This is one of the best things about ColorOS as they are transparent about known issues that help users to decide if they want to try beta or not.
If you don’t know the procedure to submit the application, then you can follow the below steps.
- Make sure you are on the latest ColorOS update.
- Open Settings on your phone and head over to Software Update.
- Then click on the Settings icon on the top right corner.
- Select ‘Apply for Beta version’ > Update Beta version.
- Then follow instructions in the setting to register the update.
Oppo will also bring the next phase for Android 11 Beta, so if the quota is completed you can try in the next phase.
If you have already received the Android 11 Beta on Reno3, Reno3 Pro or other Oppo devices then feel free to share with us in the comment section or Twitter. Enjoy all the Android 11 features on your phone.
More Related Articles: