In November 2019, Oppo launched its newest custom skin in the form of ColorOS 7. The company also shared a roadmap of providing the updates to their phones. And it’s a time for the Oppo F11 & F11 Pro users, they can join the open beta program for ColorOS 7 update. This is the 1st batch in which 2,000 users can register to the trial version aka beta testing program, but apparently Oppo is releasing more seats in the coming days. The ColorOS 7 brings a bunch of cool new features with the latest security patch. Here’s how you can grab ColorOS 7 based on Android 10 Update for Oppo F11, F11 Pro, and F11 Marvel’s Avengers Edition.
After successfully releasing the update for Oppo Reno, the Oppo’s ColorOS 7 has officially made its debut on Oppo F11 line phones in the form of open beta. The company has shared a form, in which users can enter the details, once done. The OTA (over the air) will be available in the system updates. It weighs around 3.4GB in size. If you’re in a haste and want to taste Android 10 based ColorOS 7 then register to the open beta program.
Talking about the features, then it comes with an intuitive UI, customizable icons, system-wide dark mode, beauty mode 2.0, new wallpapers, enhancements in the charging system, and overall enhancements to the system. It also brings the latest security patch. Below we list the complete changelog, before downloading the update make sure to take a look at the changelog.
ColorOS 7 based Android 10 Update for Oppo F11 & F11 Pro – Changelog
- Brand new borderless design makes visuals more attractive and operation more efficient.
- Added OPPO Sans as the default font. The new font delivers a refreshing feel and fits well with OPPO’s pursuit of blending beauty and technology.
- Optimised user interfaces and improved one-handed operation.
- Drag an app out of Smart Sidebar to open it in Split-screen mode.
- Added two settings: Assistive Ball Opacity and Hide Assistive Ball on Fullscreen App.
- Optimised the Floating Window feature for more apps.
- Added a bubble: A bubble is displayed when you open an app in a floating window from the Smart Sidebar. Tap the bubble to collapse and open the app.
- Optimised 3-Finger Screenshot: Use 3 fingers to touch and hold the screen and swipe your fingers to adjust the screenshot size. Use 3 fingers to touch and hold the screen and swipe your fingers outwards to capture a long screenshot.
- Added screenshot settings: You can adjust the position of the screenshot preview floating window and set the screenshot sound.
- Optimised screenshot preview floating window: After taking a screenshot, drag it up and release to share it, or drag it down and release to take a long screenshot.
Navigation Gestures 3.0
- New gesture: Swipe inward from both sides of the screen and then hold to switch to the previous app.
- Optimised gestures: All gestures are supported in landscape mode.
- Added Dark Mode: Protects your eyes while reducing power consumption.
- Added Focus Mode: Shields you from outside distractions when you are learning or working.
- Added all new charging animation.
- Optimised the Quick Settings user interface for easier one-handed operation.
- Swipe left or right to ignore banner notifications.
- Added a pause function for screen recording.
- Added a floating window and settings for screen recording.
- New sounds added for file deletion, calculator key touches, and compass pointer.
- Optimised system pre-loaded ringtones.
- Added TalkBack floating prompts for Accessibility.
- Colour Accessibility Mode added to improve the user experience for visually impaired users.
- Optimised visual interaction for Game Space.
- Optimised the startup animation for Game Space.
- More live wallpapers.
- Added Art+ static stock wallpapers.
- Customise whether to open Global Search or the notification drawer when swiping down on the Home screen.
- Customise the size, shape, and style of app icons on the Home screen.
- Swipe up on the Lock screen to switch unlock methods.
- Optimised the graphic design of password unlocks to facilitate one-handed operations.
- Supported live wallpapers on the Lock screen.
- More screen-off clock styles.
- Added a simple Home screen mode, featuring larger fonts and icons and a clearer layout.
- Connect your phone to Wi-Fi networks using a random MAC address to avoid targeted ads and protect your privacy.
- In Quick Settings or Smart Sidebar, you can open Calculator in a floating
- Added the trim feature in Recordings.
- Added the Weather (dynamic) ringtone, which automatically adapts to the current weather.
- Added weather-adaptive animations in Weather.
- Optimised the Camera UI for better user experience.
- Optimised the Timer UI and sound.
- Optimised the Album UI for a clear hierarchy and quick lookup of photos.
- Added Album Recommendations that recognises more than 80 different scenes.
- OPPO Share now supports sharing files with vivo and Xiaomi devices.
- Optimised the Contacts UI for a more efficient experience.
- Search Settings now supports fuzzy match and contains a search history.
- Soloop Video Editor: Create your video with one tap.
How to get ColorOS 7 Update on Oppo F11 & F11 Pro
Note:Before installing the update, make sure to check that your Oppo F11 or F11 Pro are updated to the latest (CPH1969EX_11.A.40_0400_201911130200) software version.
- At first, Open the settings app then head over to the Software Updates.
- Now tap on the little settings icon available at the top right corner.
- Tap on Trial Version and fill the needed information, then click on Apply Now.
- Again head over to the Software Updates then tap on Download Now button.
- That’s it.
Now you can start using your Oppo F11 or F11 Pro on ColorOS 7 based on Android 10.
You May Also Like – Download Oppo Reno3 Pro Wallpapers
If you’ve any doubts regarding this article. Drop a comment in the comment section. Also, share this post on social media with your friends!