Last month in May 2020, both Oppo A5 (2020) & Oppo A9 (2020) received an Android 10 trial version for limited users. And Oppo promised to provide stable updates from 24th June on both devices. As promised, they start rolling the stable Android 10 update before the given date. Many users have also shared that they have received the update. Here you will know how to install Android 10 Update on Oppo A5 (2020) & Oppo A9 (2020).
Both phones released last year with Android 9 based ColorOS 6.1, and so it makes this a first major update. Many of us have been waiting for the Android 10 update as most of the Android phones have already received it, including low budget phones. While the Oppo A5 (2020) and Oppo A9 (2020) are mid-range phones, but it was missing the latest OS. Now that the Android 10 rolling out for both phones, it will be the whole new experience with both devices.
The Android 10 based ColorOS 7.1 update brings a wide array of new features with a significant boost in performance. As the update comes with upgraded Android and ColorOS version so you can expect various new features and UI. The Oppo A5 (2020) and Oppo A9 (2020) Android 10 update comes with build version CPH1931EX_11.C.65_1650_202006102350. It comes with an update size of around 700MB. Let’s now see what’s new in the update.
Oppo A5 (2020) & Oppo A9 (2020) Android 10 Update – Changelog
- Brand new borderless design makes visuals more attractive and operation more efficient.
- Added OPPO Sans as the default font. The new font delivers a refreshing feel and fits well with OPPO’s pursuit of blending beauty and technology.
- Optimised user interfaces and improved one-handed operation.
- Drag an app out of Smart Sidebar to open it in Split-screen mode.
- Added two settings: Assistive Ball Opacity and Hide Assistive Ball on Fullscreen App.
- Optimised the Floating Window feature for more apps.
- Added a bubble: A bubble is displayed when you open an app in a floating window from the Smart Sidebar. Tap the bubble to collapse and open the app.
- Optimised 3-Finger Screenshot: Use 3 fingers to touch and hold the screen and swipe your fingers to adjust the screenshot size. Use 3 fingers to touch and hold the screen and swipe your fingers outwards to capture a long screenshot.
- Added screenshot settings: You can adjust the position of the screenshot preview floating window and set the screenshot sound.
- Optimised screenshot preview floating window: After taking a screenshot, drag it up and release to share it, or drag it down and release to take a long screenshot.
[Navigation Gestures 3.0]
- New gesture: Swipe inward from both sides of the screen and then hold to switch to the previous app.
- Optimised gestures: All gestures are supported in landscape mode.
- Added Dark Mode: Protects your eyes while reducing power consumption.
- Added Focus Mode: Shields you from outside distractions when you are learning or working.
- Added all new charging animation.
- Optimised the Quick Settings user interface for easier one-handed operation.
- Swipe left or right to ignore banner notifications.
- Added a pause function for screen recording.
- Added a floating window and settings for screen recording.
- New sounds added for file deletion, calculator key touches, and compass pointer.
- Optimised system pre-loaded ringtones.
- Added TalkBack floating prompts for Accessibility.
- Colour Accessibility Mode added to improve the user experience for visually impaired users.
- New management function for recent tasks: You can view memory information about recent tasks and lock apps.
- Optimised visual interaction for Game Space.
- Optimised the startup animation for Game Space.
- More live wallpapers.
- Added Art+ static wallpapers.
- Customise whether to open Global Search or the notification drawer when swiping down on the Home screen.
- Customise the size, shape, and style of app icons on the Home screen.
- Swipe up on the Lock screen to switch unlock methods.
- Optimised the graphic design of password unlocks to facilitate one-handed operations.
- Supported live wallpapers on the Lock screen.
- More screen-off clock styles.
- Added a simple Home screen mode, featuring larger fonts and icons and a clearer layout.
- Connect your phone to Wi-Fi networks using a random MAC address to avoid targeted ads and protect your privacy.
- In Quick Settings or Smart Sidebar, you can open Calculator in a floating
- Added the trim feature in Recordings.
- Added the Weather (dynamic) ringtone, which automatically adapts to the current weather.
- Added weather-adaptive animations in Weather.
- Optimised the Camera UI for better user experience.
- Optimised the Timer UI and sound.
- Optimised the Album UI for a clear hierarchy and quick lookup of photos.
- Added Album Recommendations that recognises more than 80 different scenes.
- OPPO Share now supports sharing files with vivo and Xiaomi devices.
- Optimised the Contacts UI for a more efficient experience.
- Search Settings now supports fuzzy match and contains a search history.
- Soloop Video Editor: Create your video with one tap.
- Added DocVault, an app for easy management and use of your digital ID cards (available only on phones sold in India).
Oppo A5 (2020) & Oppo A9 (2020) Android 10 Update [ColorOS 7.1]
The update is rolling out globally in batches. Some users have already received the update in different regions. It can take some time to roll out for every device, so it is possible that you may or may not have received the update. The ColorOS 7.1 brings refreshed UI and features like System-wide dark mode, new navigation gestures, enhanced privacy settings, and more.
Sometimes we don’t get the OTA update notification, and so in that case, we can check for the update manually. You can check the below guide to update the phone manually.
How to Install Android 10 on Oppo A5 (2020) to Oppo A9 (2020)
As for now, the Android 10 update file is not available, so we can not install the update through recovery. But we can check it from the Settings.
- Connect your phone to an active internet connection.
- Open Settings on your phone.
- Then go to Software Update, and there you will get the latest Android 10 update.
- Download & Install the update and then reboot to apply changes.
- You can also download Trial Version (Beta), which is the same as the stable version.
- For the Trial update, click on the Settings icon in the Software update and follow the instructions given in Settings.
- After that, go back to Software Update and download the latest Android 10 update.
- Restart and enjoy the latest Android 10 on Oppo A5 (2020) & Oppo A9 (2020).
For step 6 – step 8 you can check the detailed guide.
We keep sharing update related news, so if you want to know about upcoming updates, then stay connected to YTECHB.
You May Also Like – Download Google Camera for Oppo A5 2020 & A9 2020
You can also Tip Us for updates using the Tip Us button on top. And if you have any questions, then let us know in the comment section.