OnePlus Pad is now receiving Android 14 based stable OxygenOS 14 update. This is the first tablet from OnePlus and also their first tablet to get the Android 14 update. Some OnePlus phones have already received the update in the last few weeks while for some devices the Android 14 is available through beta program.
Similar to updates for other phones, OnePlus has announced the release of Android 14 update for OnePlus Pad in its official community page. As per the official announcement, the update is first available for Closed Beta and Open Beta participants and then it will be available for everyone. And currently the update is rolling out to users in India, but later it will be available in other regions also.
Android 14 for OnePlus Pad is rolling out with build number 22.214.171.124(EX01). The update brings a bunch of new features or changes. You can check the changelog below.
- Adds Aqua Dynamics, a way of interacting with morphing forms that allows you to view up-to-date information at a glance.
- Adds Smart Cutout, a feature that can separate multiple subjects in a photo from the background for copying or sharing.
- Improves Shelf by adding more widget recommendations.
Security and privacy
- Improves photo and video-related permission management for safer access by apps.
- Improves system stability, the launch speed of apps and the smoothness of animations.
- Adds support for app-specific refresh rates to improve user experience.
- Adds Aquamorphic-themed ringtones and revamps the system notification sounds.
To get the update, first make sure your OnePlus Pad is running on the latest Android 13 build. You can get the latest update by going to Settings > About device > tap up to date > tap icon on the top right > beta program > follow the steps to apply > check for updates. Before upgrading your phone make sure there is enough storage and it has battery more than 30%.