Last month, OnePlus released OxygenOS 188.8.131.52 update for the OnePlus 8 series with a number of fixes and improvements. Now the company has started pushing the OxygenOS Open Beta 5 on the OnePlus 8 series in addition to fix some pending bugs. Not only this but the update also bumps up the monthly security patch to December 2020. Here’s everything you need to know about OnePlus 8 Pro OxygenOS Open Beta 5 Update.
The newer update for the OnePlus 8 series is focused on bug fixes. If your OnePlus 8 or 8 Pro is running on the OxygenOS 184.108.40.206 or OxygenOS Open Beta 4 then you can easily update your smartphone to the latest update. Talking about the features, then the update will improve the app launching speed, Rewind Recording feature for Game Space, new animation effects for front camera, and a bunch of improvements.
The new update measures around 3.19GB of download size. Other than that, the update brings December 2020 monthly security patch. In terms of fixes, then OnePlus fix the message delay issue, volume adjustment issues, and a few other issues as well. Here you can check the complete changelog of OnePlus 8 OxygenOS Open Beta 5 Update.
OnePlus 8 OxygenOS Open Beta 5 – Changelog
- Optimized the startup speed of some apps for a faster launch experience
- Fixed the small probability issue that receiving messages may delay
- Fixed the issue that the volume adjustment has a small probability of failure
- Fixed the small probability issue that the speaker doesn’t work
- Updated Android security patch to 2020.12
- Refresh the animation effects when activating the front camera
- Newly added Rewind Recording where you can record the exciting moments in the game of past 30 seconds with just one tap (Swipe down from the upper left or right corner to quickly open in the Gaming Tools)
- Fixed the issue that the call may freeze when receiving the phone when playing music via Bluetooth
This Open Beta 5 is focused on bug fixes, power consumption optimization, and performance improvements. It is going to be an important Update if you don’t like the battery backup on the current stable OxygenOS.
As it is an Open Beta update, the installation process is also going to be different. It is an easy process if you are already on the OxygenOS Open Beta 5. But in case you are on the latest OxygenOS 220.127.116.11 or another stable version then you need to give extra attention when installing the update.
The first step for upgrading to the latest OxygenOS Open Beta 5 is to download the full Beta ROM from this link. You can also try the Oxygen Updater app for downloading full beta ROM.
Once you have the ROM file, copy it to your phone storage. And then go to Settings > System > System Update. Then click on the Settings icon on the top right corner. Click on the local upgrade option and select the beta ROM and wait for installation.
You May Also Like – Download Google Camera for OnePlus 8 Pro
After installing it, reboot your device and enjoy the latest update. You can share your experience below in the comment section.
More Related Articles:
- How to Root OnePlus 8
- How to Root OnePlus 8 Pro
- Download OnePlus Nord N100 Wallpapers
- How to Unbrick OnePlus 8 Pro [Guide]