Last month, OnePlus released first open beta build of OxygenOS 11 (Android 11) update for OnePlus 6 and 6T. After testing out the three beta builds. Yesterday, the company had kicked-off the stable Android 11 update for both OnePlus 6 and OnePlus 6T. And the best thing is, the update is rolling out with a flurry of cool new features and improvements. Check out everything about OnePlus 6 and OnePlus 6T Android 11 Stable Update.
Both the OnePlus 6 and 6T were announced back in 2018 with Android Oreo OS, later, received Android Pie and Android 10 OS upgrades. Now the device is receiving its third big OS upgrade, the Android 11 update based on OnePlus’s OxygenOS 11.
The full build measures around 2.10GB of size for downloading, and it is already available to some users (most probably these are the users who have opted beta program). We can expect wider rollout within a few days.
This update is going to bring a bunch of new features to your OnePlus 6 or 6T smartphone. It comes with new launcher, new Ambient display clock styles, Game Space, enhanced dark mode, and much more. Obviously, you can also access the essentials of Android 11. Here’s the complete changelog, you can check before updating your smartphone.
Android 11 Update for OnePlus 6 / 6T – Changelog
- Updated to OxygenOS 11 version
- Fresh new UI visual design brings you a more comfortable experience with various optimizations of details.
- Since this is a big Android update with multiple new features, the upgrade process might be a little longer, please be more patient.
- Game Space
- Newly added gaming tools box for convenient switches of Fnatic mode. You can now choose three ways of notifications: text only heads up and block just for your immersive gaming experience.
- Newly added quick reply feature in a small window for WhatsApp and INS (Enable it by swiping down from upper right/left corners of the screen in gaming mode).
- Newly added mis-touch prevention feature. Enable it, swipe down from the top of the screen, click and the notification bar will pop out.
- Updated the camera UI and optimized some of the function paths to offer more convenient operation
- Ambient Display
- Newly added Insight clock style, a joint creation with Parsons School of Design. It will change according to the phone usage data (To set: Settings > Customization > Clock on ambient display)
- Newly added Canvas feature that can automatically draw a wireframe picture based on a lock screen photo on your phone（Path: Settings – Customization – Wallpaper – Canvas – Choose photo preview and it can be generated automatically
- Dark Mode
- Added a shortcut for Dark Mode, you can pull down the Quick Settings panel and find it
- Supported automatically enable by time range (path: Settings – Display – Dark Mode – Turn on automatically – Automatically enable from sunset to sunrise / Custom time range
- Newly shelf interface design, the interface is clearer
- Added weather widget, animation effect smarter
If you’re using OnePlus 6 or OnePlus 6T then you can move to the Settings > System > System Update, to check the new updates. As there are sometimes when OTA notification does not arrive, so it’s better to check updates manually. In case, there’s no new update, then I suggest you to wait for a few days or sideload the update manually.
But before updating your smartphone, make sure to charge your smartphone to at least 30% and also take a backup of important data.
You May Also Like – Download Google Camera for OnePlus 6 & 6T
If you’ve any queries, then you can leave a comment in the comment section. Also, share this article with your friends.
More Related Articles: