In November last year OnePlus originally started testing OxygenOS 12 on the OnePlus 9R through the closed beta program. After doing testing for months, OnePlus now released the first open beta of OxygenOS 12 for OnePlus 9R. Read along to know more about the OnePlus 9R Open Beta 1 update.
OnePlus had already released the stable build for the other two members of the OnePlus 9 series. We can now expect the release of a stable build very soon for the third member of the 9 series – the OnePlus 9R.
Obviously, it is the first major upgrade for the OnePlus 9R, requires a huge amount of data for downloading. According to the details, shared on the OnePlus community forum, make sure that your phone has at least 3GB of storage space. The more stable version of the CBT release comes with a flurry of unique features and improvements.
Moving to the features, then the update is seeding with features such as Canvas AOD 2.0, Work-Life Balance 2.0, new Notes app, Theme Store, new at-a-glance cards and widgets, system-wide search bar, and much more. Apart from these changes, you can also get access of Android 12-essentials such as widgets, dynamic theming, new privacy controls, and more. Here’s the official changelog of OxygenOS 12 Open Beta 1 for OnePlus 9R.
OnePlus 9R OxygenOS 12 Open Beta 1 update
- Optimized desktop icons with improved textures, by using a design inspired by brand-new materials and uniting lights and layers
- Dark mode
- Dark mode now supports three adjustable levels, bringing a more personalized and comfortable user experience
- New additional style options for Cards, making data contents more visual and easier to read
- Newly added Earphone Control Card with Bluetooth earphone one-click adjustment
- Newly added access to OnePlus Scout in Shelf, allowing you to search multiple contents on your phone, including Apps, Settings, Media Data, etc
- Newly added OnePlus Watch Card in Shelf, to easily glance at your health stats
- Work Life Balance
- Work Life Balance feature is now available to all users, allowing you to effortlessly switch between Work and Life mode via quick settings
- WLB 2.0 now supports automatic Work/Life mode switching, based on specific locations, Wi-Fi network, and time, also bringing customized App notification profiles according to the personalization
- Gallery now allows you to switch between different layouts with a two-finger pinch gesture, intelligently recognizing the best-quality pictures, and cropping the thumbnail based on the content, making the gallery layout more pleasing
- Canvas AOD
- Canvas AOD brings you new diverse styles of lines and colors, for a more personalized lock screen experience with inspiring visuals
- Newly added multiple brushes and strokes and support for color adjustment
- Optimized software algorithm and improved face recognition to better identify the features and skin color of different figures
If you’re using the OnePlus 9R and want to taste the features of OxygenOS 12 based Android 12, then you can now sideload the open beta build on your phone. Before moving to the steps, make sure to take a backup of important data which will be helpful in case of any issues. Now let’s move on to the steps on how to install the open beta build.
- First things first, you’ve to download the open beta build shared by OnePlus.
- Once downloaded, move the ROM to the phone’s internal storage.
- Now head over to the Settings > System > System Updates > Click top right icon gear icon > Local upgrade > choose the downloaded file, then wait for the process to be completed.
- Once all done, reboot your phone.
- That’s it.
You can head over to the OnePlus community forum for more information. OnePlus also shared the rollback package, if you want to rollback to the previous release then you can check it on the company’s community forum. Apart from that, the build has some known issues as well.
- Some third-party apps haven’t been adapted to the latest Android version and may not function properly
- The clock might be missing the dial display when the AOD feature is on
If you’ve any queries, then you can leave a comment in the comment section. Also, share this article with your friends.
More Related Articles: