In February, OnePlus originally started testing OxygenOS 12 on the vanilla OnePlus Nord through the closed beta program. Later, the phone received a more steady build, thanks to the open beta program. After testing two beta builds, OnePlus has finally kicked off the stable OxygenOS 12 update for OnePlus Nord. The newer build is rolling with a slew of new features and improvements. Here you can check all about the OnePlus Nord Android 12 update.
OnePlus has officially confirmed the stable Android 12 rollout, and if your Nord is running on the open beta build, then there’s no need to wait much. Yes, according to the details, OnePlus mentioned, “this build first rolled out to OBT users”, if your phone is running on the open beta build, then you may have already received the update. But if you’re on a stable version, then you’ll receive it in a day or two.
OnePlus plants the new Android 12-based OxygenOS 12 firmware with the AC2001_11.F.11 firmware version 4GB in size. The new update goes live with April 2022 monthly security patch. If your phone is running on OBT, then the update brings a fix for abnormal touch sounds, boot animation, and unable to start OK Google. Here’s the complete changelog.
OnePlus OxygenOS 12 Update Changelog:
- Optimized desktop icons with improved textures, by using a design inspired by brand-new materials and uniting lights and layers
- Fixed the issue that background applications are abnormally closed in specific scenarios
- Fixed the issue with lens permissions when using third party camera applications
- Fixed the issue of screen cannot respond when receiving notifications
- Dark mode
- Dark mode now supports three adjustable levels, bringing a more personalized and comfortable user experience
- New additional style options for Cards, making data contents more visual and easier to read
- Newly added Earphone Control Card with Bluetooth earphone one-click adjustment
- Newly added access to OnePlus Scout in Shelf, allowing you to search multiple contents on your phone, including Apps, Settings, Media Data, etc
- Newly added OnePlus Watch Card in Shelf, to easily glance at your health stats
- Work Life Balance
- Work Life Balance feature is now available to all users, allowing you to effortlessly switch between Work and Life mode via quick settings
- WLB 2.0 now supports automatic Work/Life mode switching, based on specific locations, Wi-Fi network, and time, also bringing customized App notification profiles according to the personalization
- Gallery now allows you to switch between different layouts with a two-finger pinch gesture, intelligently recognizing the best-quality pictures, and cropping the thumbnail based on the content, making the gallery layout more pleasing
- Canvas AOD
- Canvas AOD brings you new diverse styles of lines and colors, for a more personalized lock screen experience with inspiring visuals
- Newly added multiple brushes and strokes and support for color adjustment
- Optimized software algorithm and improved face recognition to better identify the features and skin color of different figures
- [Added] HyperBoost end-to-end frame rate stabilizer
- [Added] Voice effect preview to allow you to record your voice effect or check your voice effect in real-time
Not only this but, OnePlus also mentions a list of issues available on this build, make sure to check them out before installing the update on your smartphone.
OnePlus OxygenOS 12 Update – Known Issues
- The display of some pages in Settings will be different from the system.
- The screen will glitch in specific scenarios when calling.
- Camera may crash when shooting photos in Portrait mode.
- The abnormal display of thumbnail when taking burst pictures.
- The abnormal display of Quick device connect when in the Guest mode.
If you own the OnePlus Nord and want to taste the OxygenOS 12 features, then you can update your smartphone to the new build. The build is not completely stable as you’ve seen the known issues, if you’re okay with these issues, then you can head over to the Settings > Software Update, then update your phone to the newer version. In case the update is not available you can wait for a few days, it is rolling in staged phases.
You can also update your phone immediately using the local update method if it is not available on the System Update page. All you have to do is download the OTA zip file using the Oxygen Updater app or other reliable source and install it manually by selecting Local Upgrade in System Update settings.
You can head over to the OnePlus community forum for more information. OnePlus also shared the rollback package, if you want to rollback to the previous release then you can check it on the company’s community forum.
You May Also Like – Download Google Camera for OnePlus Nord
If you’ve any queries, then you can leave a comment in the comment section. Also, share this article with your friends.