After almost two months of testing OxygenOS 12 closed beta on the OnePlus Nord CE, OnePlus now opens OxygenOS 12 open beta for the OnePlus Nord CE. Recently we shared the news about OxygenOS 12 Open Beta 1 for the OnePlus 7 and 7T series which actually received open beta a day later than Nord CE. Now let’s find out more about the OxygenOS 12 Open Beta 1 for OnePlus Nord CE.
The launch of the OnePlus Nord CE has been completed a year ago. The phone was launched in June last year with the Android 11 OS version. It is a budget phone and is expected to get two major updates. And Android 12 is the first major update for the phone, which is expected to be released to the public in a month or two. It is because OnePlus mostly releases stable updates a month after releasing the open beta.
The Android 12 based OxygenOS 12 is the major update for the OnePlus Nord CE. This means we will be seeing a bunch of new features and improvements. And with the OxygenOS 12 Open Beta 1, OnePlus releases most of these features. You can check out the official changelog below.
OnePlus Nord CE OxygenOS 12 Open Beta Changelog
- Optimized desktop icons with improved textures, by using a design inspired by brand-new materials and uniting lights and layers
- Optimized AI System Booster to 2.1 to support the system to run smoothly even when the load is high
- Dark mode
- Newly added three adjustable levels, bringing a more personalized and comfortable user experience
- Newly added style options for Cards, making data contents more visual and easier to read
- Newly added access to OnePlus Scout in Shelf, allowing you to search multiple contents on your phone, including Apps, Settings, Media Data, etc
- Newly added OnePlus Watch Card in Shelf, to easily glance at your health status
- Work Life Balance
- Newly added Work Life Balance feature, allowing you to effortlessly switch between Work and Life mode via quick settings
- Newly supported automatic Work/Life mode switching, based on specific locations, Wi-Fi network, and time, also bringing customized App notification profiles according to the personalization
- Newly supported switching between different layouts with a two-finger pinch gesture, intelligently recognizing the best-quality pictures, and cropping the thumbnail based on the content, making the gallery layout more pleasing
- Canvas AOD
- Newly added diverse styles of lines and colors, for a more personalized lock screen experience with inspiring visuals
- Newly added multiple brushes and strokes and support for color adjustment
Download OxygenOS 12 Open Beta for Nord CE
You can download the OxygenOS 12 Open Beta 1 zip package for OnePlus Nord CE to directly install it on your device. Unlike few other vendors, OnePlus doesn’t ask for submitting any form for applying to the open beta. Check out the given download link for the Open Beta 1 package.
- OnePlus Nord CE (IN)
How to Install OxygenOS 12 Open Beta
Now coming to the part when you actually install the Android 12 based OxygenOS 12 Open Beta on your OnePlus Nord CE. Before you install the update, make sure your phone runs on the latest build of OxygenOS 11. Also, make sure to take a full backup of your phone and charge it to 50%. Now follow the steps given below.
- This process will reset your phone.
- Install the local updater app on your phone. Update the app if required.
- Copy the downloaded OTA package to the phone’s internal storage (keep it outside of every folder).
- Open the app and tap on the gear icon in the top right corner. Browse and select the package.
- It will now extract the package.
- After the upgrade is complete, click Restart.
- That’s it.
You May Also Like – Download Google Camera 8.1 for OnePlus Nord CE 5G
If you’ve any queries, then you can leave a comment in the comment section. Also, share this article with your friends.
- Download OnePlus Nord CE 2 Lite Wallpapers (FHD+)
- Download iOS 16 Wallpapers [QHD+ Resolution]
- How to Assign Ringtone to Specific Contacts in OxygenOS 12