Another OnePlus phone gets the latest stable Android 13 update. I’m talking about the OnePlus Nord CE 2, which finally gets its second major Android OS with the OxygenOS 13 update. OnePlus has been working on the update since last year and has already rolled out the update for its latest phones. But still, some of its old and budget phones are yet to get the update. Here’s everything about the OnePlus Nord CE 2 Android 13 update.
OnePlus Nord CE 2 5G was launched about a year ago with Android 11 OS. A few months later, the device received Android 12, its first major update. This means Android 13 is the second major update for the device. Currently, the update is rolling out in India. Its Lite version has already received a stable update about two months ago. You can read about it here.
As always, OnePlus shared about the update on its official community forum, revealing all the new features that come with the update. However, the build number of the update is not yet available to us. Since this is a major update, its OTA will weigh in at around a GB or more.
As expected from a major update, it brings a bunch of new features and changes. You can check the full changelog below.
- Adds Aquamorphic Design theme colors for enhanced visual comfort.
- Applies the Aquamorphic Design philosophy to animations to make them natural and vivid.
- Adds Shadow-Reflective Clock, with shadow simulating the orientation of the sun and moon.
- Adds a Home screen world clock widget to show the time in different time zones.
- Upgrades to Quantum Animation Engine 4.0, with a new behavior recognition feature, which recognizes complex gestures and provides optimized interactions.
- Optimizes UI layers for a clearer and neater visual experience.
- Applies real-world physical motions to animations to make them look more natural and intuitive.
- Optimizes the widget design to make information easier and quicker to find.
- Optimizes fonts for better readability.
- Optimizes system icons by using the latest color scheme to make the icons easier to recognize.
- Enriches and optimizes illustrations for features by incorporating multicultural and inclusive elements.
- Adds large folders to the Home screen. You can now open an app in an enlarged folder with just one tap and turn pages in the folder with a swipe.
- Adds a new type of Always-On Display that shows live information about music, ride-hailing, and food delivery. (Supports only some apps)
- Adds media playback control, and optimizes the Quick Settings experience.
- Adds more markup tools for screenshot editing.
- Adds support for adding widgets to the Home screen, making information display more personalized.
- Upgrades Doodle in Notes. You can now draw on graphics to take notes more efficiently.
- Optimizes earphone connectivity to deliver a more seamless experience.
- Optimizes Bitmoji to offer more Always-On Display animations.
- Optimizes Insight Always-On Display, with more personalized Always-On Display settings available.
- Optimizes Portrait Silhouette Always-On Display, with more drawing tools and line colors available.
Security & privacy
- Adds an automatic pixelation feature for chat screenshots. The system can identify and automatically pixelate profile pictures and display names in a chat screenshot to protect your privacy.
- Optimizes Private Safe. The Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) is used to encrypt all files for enhanced security of private files.
Health & Digital wellbeing
- Adds Kid Space. When in Kid Space, your browser app automatically switches to Kids mode to create a child-friendly space.
- Adds Eye comfort in Kid Space to protect children’s vision.
- Adds Dynamic Computing Engine to improve the system speed, stability, battery life, and app experience.
- Upgrades to HyperBoost GPA 4.0 to stabilize the frame rate and balance the performance and power consumption in key scenarios.
If you own OnePlus Nord CE 2 5G you will receive the OTA update soon. Sometimes the update notification doesn’t arrive on time so make sure to check for the update regularly. To manually check for the update go to Software upgrades settings and check if there’s a new update available or not. In case the update is not available, you can wait for a few days. OnePlus usually releases major upgrades in a staged manner.
If you are in a hurry, then you can download the upgrade file for your phone using the OnePlus updater app, then sideload it using the local upgrade method. Before upgrading make sure to take a backup of important data. Also, make sure to charge your smartphone to at least 50%.
If you’ve any queries, then leave them in the comment box below. Also, share this article with your friends.